Leg immobility and pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg immobility and pain

I have not been able to stand or walk for the past 9 months. Prior I used either a arm cane or walker with limited mobility. Then spasms and pain kicked in and it has not subsided and has gotten worse.

My question - the pain I experience from the spasms and even pain without the spasms in my hip flexor area and knees is very severe. The meds I take do not seem to help much - baclofen, 4AP and gabapentin (this one seems to help some, I take it in the early evening).

I ask, cause I see alot of posts about spasms and spasticity but don't see much about severe pain.

I am scared about the mobility alone and the pain just adds more to it - as it takes me so long to get from point a to point b just in my one room that I spend my time in.

thanks for any advice or input.

FOR MY SPASMS, I TAKE BACLOFEN. I HAD A BACLOFEN PUMP IMPLANTED, AND I GET THE DRUG DIRECTLY INTO MY SPINAL COLUMN. I ALSO TAKE GABAPENTIN FOR PAIN. I TAKE IT AM, NOON, DINNER, 200 MG EACH TIME. IT WORKS FOR ME, MAYBE IT`S SOMETHGING TO TALK TO YOUR DR ABOUT. GOOD LUCK.

DAVE
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I have had leg,hip,knee pain 24/7. Have had MS and Fibro for over 10 years now. Been on so many meds. I am now working with a pain clinic and trying different meds. On a scale of 1=10 my pain is usually always an 8. In the am it's an 11! Morinings are the worst until i take my meds and start moving around.

Currently I am on morphine, diazepam, marinol and namenda. As with all the meds I've tried thru the years, they will probably help for awhile until your body gets used to it then they eventually become ineffective.

I wish for pain free days for all of us!

Comment

Working...
      X