New Symptom - Short Bursts of Head Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Symptom - Short Bursts of Head Pain

For the last 5 or 6 days, I've been having short (2-5 second) bursts of intense (I'd give some of them a 9) pain at the crown of my head. I'd chalk it up to muscle spasms, but I don't believe there are any muscles at the very top of the skull. There are times I go hours without one, and at other times they're happening about once a minute on average. When it happens, it feels like the world's shortest migraine, but in a place I've never had migraine pain. I can't find any discussion of anything similar on the web. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    Lesions since 2003 (at least). Symptoms since June, 2007. Diagnosed April, 2011.

The first thing I thought of when I read your post is trigeminal neuralgia.
    I had this for a few months, but it was my cheek/neck that was getting the sharp painful moments. It was very painful, and happened without warning. I can imagine how painful this would be in your scalp. For me, it went away as quickly as it came on. Try googling it.

Comment

I also had tm in my haed, but mine was by jaw and ear. I thought I had an ear infection. Maybe this is what it is jfor you.

Sounds very painful. I hope you get some relief soon.

JudySz

Comment

I would talk to my doctor if I was you, myelin.
        As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

If they feel similar to someone jabbing a needle in your head or driving a nail down through your skull, they may be nerve pains. I used to have them all of the time. (I call them zingers.) I don't have them in my head very much now, instead they've moved to my left big toe. I'll be sitting watching TV and suddenly it'll feel like someone jabbed me with a hot needle. It'll actually make me jump, it's so sudden and intense.

Are you taking anything like Neurontin or Lyrica? They are supposed to help with nerve pain, though I haven't noticed that much of an improvement.
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
          X