face feels tight or numb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

face feels tight or numb

over the past few weeks ive noticed what feels like tightness or numbness on one side of my face. it almost feels like when you get a sunburn and the skin feels tight. its not painful but it feels strange. has anyone had this? thanks

Originally posted by wookieland View Post
    over the past few weeks ive noticed what feels like tightness or numbness on one side of my face. it almost feels like when you get a sunburn and the skin feels tight. its not painful but it feels strange. has anyone had this?
    I definitely know that "tight skin" feeling, but for me it's mainly in my hands and feet. In my face it only happens on 'bad' days, and never as strongly as in my hands.

My paresthesia has been 24/7 in all 4 limbs for two years now and usually stays at a "sub-pain" level, but it's only getting more annoying as time goes by. I had hoped that by now it would be the "new normal"!

Definitely a topic for discussion on my next visit to the neuro...
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

yeah. the glue smeared on half of your face and then it dried thing, right?
      (hate that)
      *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

This was one of my first symptoms, in fact the day a neuro wrote out an MRI request for a lingering arm problem, I casually said to him, thanks for doing this the pain is driving me insane (arm pain) and the left side of my face has gone numb'. His head shot up and next day had MRI and was dx with MS, I had no idea at all.

I have had it progress to my tongue (thats weird) my eyeballs and all over my head which kinda feels like I am wearing a hat to tight. Very bazaar. I also have it over most of my body and some points, but I am kinda used to it all now.

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by wookieland View Post
          has anyone had this? thanks
          wookie, all the time. either on the right side of my face or the left side. but never both at once.

Comment

I also have this, wondered if others had this problem. Always on my left side, always there, from my throat up through my left eye socket. Also, I mentioned before that I feel like I have the MsHug around my head Is it because of this?? Don't know if I'll ever get use to this!

Comment

Thank you for your responses. I wasn't sure if it was ms related. I'm just nervous because it's a new symptom for me ugh. I have my 6 month dr visit in feb.

Comment

i dont have the tightness, but i do have the numbness. always on the right side of my face. which is odd to me because my left leg, arm, and hand are all numb. ive also noticed occasionally the left side of my tongue goes numb, but not the right side..

Comment

Working...
                X