Sjogren's Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sjogren's Syndrome

I am curious if anyone else has these symptoms (see website-if they let me post it). I actually went to the website and was left "wide eyed" after I noticed I had 12 of the symptoms they listed. Good GRIEF, I don't want this, but I have read the statement that persons with one AI issue, typically have other AI issues.

www.sjogrens.org
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Hi fishead,

I know a little about Sjogren's, I don't have it but I have a friend who does. She is legally blind due to Sjogren's. If you think you have Sjogren's please see your Doctor asap so proper treatment can be started.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you, Snoopy!

My Neuro (the one I am getting rid of in 4 weeks), put me on eye drops. They are to help keep my eyes from feeling like there is sand in them. They DO help. My mouth always feels like I have just crossed the Sahara with out a canteen. I drink water constantly.

Comment

I do, I do!! Well I have Sicca Syndrome or Sjogrens, differential. Which means I do not test out via lab values and refused a lip biopsy. Saw a Rheumy for my severely dry eyes and mouth. She started me on treatment but left her practice and moved.

Next Rheumy said no, unless my labs and lip biopsy were done to prove it was Sjogren's he would not treat me.

Then this amazing neuro who diagnosed another disorder, Dysautonomia, said he was putting Sicca Syndrome back on my diagnoses.

I take eye drops Restasis and other drops, plus a pill to create saliva. Also learned my ears, esp left one, does not produce much wax and I get infections deep inside.

Who else knows having a rare kidney disorder, this Dysautonomia, MS and now Sicca syndrome. They also play off each other so it is hard to know which symptom is coming fro which disorder!!!

Let me know what you learn.

Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
          I do, I do!! Well I have Sicca Syndrome or Sjogrens, differential. Which means I do not test out via lab values and refused a lip biopsy. Saw a Rheumy for my severely dry eyes and mouth. She started me on treatment but left her practice and moved.

Next Rheumy said no, unless my labs and lip biopsy were done to prove it was Sjogren's he would not treat me.

Then this amazing neuro who diagnosed another disorder, Dysautonomia, said he was putting Sicca Syndrome back on my diagnoses.

I take eye drops Restasis and other drops, plus a pill to create saliva. Also learned my ears, esp left one, does not produce much wax and I get infections deep inside.

Who else knows having a rare kidney disorder, this Dysautonomia, MS and now Sicca syndrome. They also play off each other so it is hard to know which symptom is coming fro which disorder!!!

Let me know what you learn.

Jan
          Holy cow. My right ear does not produce any wax. I thought it was because I lost some of my hearing out of that ear.

Comment

Working...
          X