Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So hard to walk

Hi everyone
    my legs and arms will just not move today and it feels like another horrible spell is coming...started yesterday.

I have a neuro appt. friday and praying he will get the ball rolling to see if this is MS or whatever, just need an answer so I can cope better.

just wanted to ask anyone that has footdrop do you think the neuro would write a script for a leg brace? my left leg just drags and oh the pain on the front of the shin bone!
    to touch the front(shin) is so very painful, anyone else?
    also my feet are turning in at the heels, they swell so bad on the bone located on the outside by the heel.

I have been diagnosised with footdrop but never anything suggested for any kind of relief. I even had therapy but no improvement. now my right foot is heading towards the same symptoms as the left.

will insurance pay for some kind of device to wear as I haven't recieved any diagnosis so far as to whats causing it.
    thank you all for reading any advice I would surly appreciate.
    GOD BLESS, Linda

something wrong with logging in

Hi everyone'
    I need help! I just posted under "so hard to walk".
    well I'm logged in under tneecgirl and now it's got #2044992
    as my name and says location florida??!!
    is something going wrong with this forum or do you think I've done something wrong? please help. Linda

Comment

Hi Linda

Hi everyone'
      I need help! I just posted under "so hard to walk".
      well I'm logged in under tneecgirl and now it's got #2044992
      as my name and says location florida??!!
      is something going wrong with this forum or do you think I've done something wrong? please help. Linda
      Wow - that is very strange!

It would be best to contact Tech Support.

Use the Contact Us feature at the bottom of the page.

Hopefully it will get resolved soon!

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks I did and am waiting for an email...It's crazy like my user name disappeared and I don't know what happened?? now Ive got these numbers for a username and I know I didn't set up a new account..just logged in like always. hopefully they can tell me whats wrong.

Comment

well some how my user name has come back on it's own!
          I couldn't acess my account or anything but some how it's fixed! anyways I'm the one who ask the question!
          anyone have any advice on question I posted? thanks, linda

Comment

My foot is also turning, making walking more difficult. I'm scheduled for PT this month, but after hearing it didn't help you, I'm not quite as excited about it. When I walk, my left foot is now at 10-11:00, and I'm actually putting my weight on the outer part of the foot. When I put my feet up, you can see the heel of the left foot, as it's turning in towards the right foot.

I was kind of hoping for a brace, but from what I've read, you have to have surgery to correct "varus" foot deformity.
            MS, it's a brain thang!
            Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Linda, I just found out myself that there was a problem earlier with the message boards that now does seem to be fixed. Sorry for the mix-up.
              “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
              Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Hi wacvet
                Oh do try the therapy...it can't hurt it might help you!
                the truth is I only gave it 3 weeks and gave up, money was an issue too. even with insurance the cost of copay was awful.

I believe you said it was called varsus?(foot deformity)- it truly is a horrible thing to cope with, my ankles hurt so bad
                does your ankles swell bad too? do you have foot drop also?
                just trying to walk thru the house is a chore. I will look into the foot condtion(varsus) thanks for the info!
                GOD BLESS, LINDA

Comment

thanx jazzgirl
                  I just knew I must have done something...'cause I'm also clutzy on the computer glad it wasn't me!
                  GOD BLESS, Linda

Comment

TTNEECGIRL go to Assistive Devices, Technology and Quick Tips and post your question there. I think they are talking about a device that helps with foot drop.
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Originally posted by GEM View Post
                      TTNEECGIRL go to Assistive Devices, Technology and Quick Tips and post your question there. I think they are talking about a device that helps with foot drop.
                      Here's a link to the forum:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Comment

Oh thank you both for the info!
                        GOD BLESS, Linda

Comment

TNEECGIRL, I get foot drop when I've done a little too much walking (which really isn't much walking at all).

The funny thing is, I have pain, but not from the foot being turned. I have pain from the spasms, but my foot being turned feels "normal", whereas when I try and straighten the foot out, it's a major strain! My walking is affected by the foot being turned, and I think that it's causing more spasms.

I've had some serious spasms in my feet. Before the winter holidays, I had such a severe spasm in my left foot, that it looked like the ankle was broken. The pad of the foot was almost facing towards my head. It took over an hour for that spasm to end. That seems to have been the start of the foot turning. A few days ago, I had another bout of severe spasms, and it made my left foot turn in more, than prior to the spasm, and remain that way.

My ankle isn't swollen, but I have "knots" in the muscles that are so hard, and hurts like all get out! I posted in another thread that I've slapped my daughter when she's tried to massage some of them (she's a massage therapist). I didn't intentionally try to slap her, it's an automatic reaction I have when someone touches something that REALLY hurts bad.
                          MS, it's a brain thang!
                          Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Hi again wacvet
                            oh goodness I hate to think of the kind of spasms you have in your feet!
                            no I don't have it that ruff...praying that those mean spasms go away soon for you!
                            hope you give the therapy a try..tell them they will go easy on you or else (sometimes your hand just does automatic slaps(ha!)) take care and GOD BLESS, Linda

Comment

Working...
                            X