MRI stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI stable

Had an MRI last week. I got a card in the mail and all it said was MRI stable. I assume that means that it didn't get any worse or any better. But you know what happens when someone assumes.

Just wondering if anyone had any insite. I will call my wonderful neuro nurse for a better explanation but I was just curious.

Stable= good.
    They aren't noticing new leasions or progression like they saw when you were first diagnosed.

Definatly have your Dr. and/or their nurse explain this but be ready for good news. Something's working.

Comment

Yep good news.

stable - The exact message I got from my neuro's assistant on my voice message today. It means "No evidence of any new lesions in this patient with a diagnosis of MS and multiple white matter lesions. No enhancing lesion is seen." as taken straight from the copy of the report I requested. I was happy to hear this I guess. (wondering now what is causing my new symptoms however).
      But congrats on your stable MRI!!!!!
      Christie ~ RN, Married with 2 beautiful daughters and a beautiful granddaughter
      Dx: Ulcerative Colitis ~ 2004, Diabetes ~ 2005, Fibromyalgia ~2011, and now in MS limbo-land since April 2011

Comment

I've had "stable" MRIs for a few years. My neuro told me this means no new lesions and no changes to existing lesions. I don't know what the difference is between "stable" and "in remission" (as in Relapsing Remitting) but I'll take stable any day.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
        X