Loss of appetite...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of appetite...

Has anyone lost their appetite while taking Tecfidera? I used to have a huge appetite, though I'm not huge by any means , but lately, I'm just not hungry. I'm finding one small meal a day is enough. I don't want to force myself to eat because my stomach doesn't seem to want to welcome food. I'm not having any GI issues. Just not hungry. I'm about 4 weeks in with Tecfidera.

Hello Dreams008,

My appetite also had decreased considerably. In my case, I had a huge appetite and I'm obese. I started Tecfidera 3 weeks ago, but the loss of appetite started less than 1 week ago.

Dilma

Comment

Yes. My appetite has gone down from switching from copax to tec.

I actually have to eat to take pills

Comment

Tecfidera and the Lap Band

I had the Lap Band over a decade ago. I have been able to eat, but small meals. Tecfidera at 120 mg capsules was relatively easy, although I did suffer from mild forms of all of the indicated side effects. Day 12, after upping dosage to 240 mg, I have been unable to keep solids or liquids down. My neurologist cut my dosage to 1-240 mg capsule once daily for another week. She also added Phenergan 25 mg to control vomitting. Five weeks in and vomitting remains. I've lost 8 pounds. I'll see my neuro. next month.

Comment

I've also had a decrease in appetite. I'd attributed it to all my abdominal problems (pain and nausea).

My neuro started me on baby aspirin and zantac to counteract my side effects. I'll be interested to see if my appetite comes back or not.

Comment

My appetite decreased too, but when I get hungry, I am starving. I can't eat as much at a sitting as I used to. I also have noticed that the taste of food is a little different.

I have only had the nausea a couple of times when I took it on an empty stomach. Other than a little constipation now and then, I haven't had much trouble with it. Been taking it almost 5 weeks now.

Comment

I was thinking it was just me. I had bariatric surgery 9 years ago and have been on a very specific routine of meals.

Since starting this med, I just haven't had an appetite. I've missed meals to realize the time and think whoops...don't know how that happened. It's happened more times the last couple of weeks then I remember ever before.

Also, the mention of constipation, I was thinking it was just me with that too. I get that to the total reverse of explosive diarrhea.
              Take Care,
              SpeckledBrain

Comment

Working...
              X