Great shoes and foot drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shoes and foot drop

I have foot drop and have to constantly think about how I need to lift my toes so I don't stumble.

After looking for shoes that have the toes curved up, I just found the new Clark's Waves......they're not very attractive, but great! The toes are curved, and seem to hold their curve, so I don't have to lift my toes as much as before. Not cheap, but worth the money.

Hi Kippy

Good for you that you found shoes that help with your footdrop.

You don't wear an AFO, right?

I wear an AFO, but could use all the help I can get picking up my foot. I may check into those Clark's Waves.

Are they walking shoes?

Thanks,
    Take Care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

The Clarks Waves shoes that I have are slip-ons and are very supportive. They make my feet sort of roll from back to front, and if I think about "heel to toe" movement, they help a lot. There are also tie shoes that look good but that I didn't buy since I have SAS tie shoes that are pretty good, but next time I think I'll buy the Clarks. I bet the tie ones could be walking shoes.

I don't wear an AFO, but do have balance issues and my legs tire pretty quickly.

Comment

Rotosol

I just got my Rotosol Catalina shoes from footsmart.com. They really do help me keep from stumbling & use velcro strap rather than lace up - easier to put on & cooler.

Island Mom

Comment

Thanks for telling us about these shoes.

Originally posted by Kippy View Post
          I have foot drop and have to constantly think about how I need to lift my toes so I don't stumble.

After looking for shoes that have the toes curved up, I just found the new Clark's Waves......they're not very attractive, but great! The toes are curved, and seem to hold their curve, so I don't have to lift my toes as much as before. Not cheap, but worth the money.
          Thanks for telling us about these shoes. I'll look for them.
          Did you read the poem, April Shower about foot drop?

Comment

Hey pmst1

I read the April Shower poem. I absolutely loved it You have a terrific talent!

You were able to put a lighthearted spin on one of your MS struggles. Very Clever

Hope to see more of your poetry!

Take care,
            KoKo
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

foot drop also

Originally posted by Kippy View Post

I also have foot drop, Clark has another shoe, Privo, it is like a sub of Clarks I wear them all the time toes turn up and I have two pair that have zipper on the top for ease in puttin on. They now have a sandle it is great because very very light weight and airy, but the toe area is cover on the tip. most major dept stores carry them good luck.

Comment

Where could I find the April Shower poem? I'd love to read it!

Comment

I love Clark shoes!
                  Great support, very comfortable, slip on and off easy, and good toe protection when I kick something or stumble.

Comment

Kippy

To read the poem April Showers, go to the top of the page.

You will see * Home * Who We Are * Donate * Living MS

Click on Living MS.

Then look on the right side and click Arts & Culture.

Scroll down and look for April Showers.

Take care,
                    KoKo

Comment

I have a Walkaide that lifts my leg ...

When I wear the Walkaide I do not stumble which is great!
                      I do not wear my Walkaide all the time and I am less stable when I am tired but...it is an extrordinary help for much of the time.

I will look at these Clark's--a great shoe--I think I wore their "Desert Boots" and "Wallabees" when I was young and still hopping around the world!
                      "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

I recommend Sofft or Privo Shoes.They are absolutely comfortable.

Comment

Used to work at Macys shoe dept. No Clarks are very attractive to me, but they are a great shoe and as you said, well worth the money. I also like Crocs.......

Shoes are a sore subject with me lately since I had to get rid of all my very high heels.....Luckily dd loves them, so I sent them to her.

JudySz

Comment

Thanks for the tip re: Clark shoes.

I have foot drop, too, and am always looking for leather-soled shoes, that don't grip. It keeps me from getting tripped up. They are not easy to find. But many Italian shoes are made with leather/smooth bottoms.

Comment

Many years later...I respond.

[QUOTE=KoKo;1224461]Hey pmst1

I read the April Shower poem. I absolutely loved it You have a terrific talent!

You were able to put a lighthearted spin on one of your MS struggles. Very Clever

Hope to see more of your poetry!

Take care,
                              KoKo

Dear KoKo,
                              I just wanted to say THANK YOU for reading my poem, April Shower. I'm so glad you liked it. It is kind of funny when you think about it, but luckily I have grab bars all around me in my shower and very careful even tho I get tangled up with my bath mat! KoKo its so nice to meet you and YES, I've written many poems on MS WORLD, (The Creative Center) I've submitted short stories, paintings if you ever care to look at them)

On one of your threads someone mentioned "copyright" I think what it means is
                              like if anyone makes a copy of one of my paintings and tries to sell a print of it or a greeting card it would not be right; and truthfully I never used to think of that happening at all, until someone said that I can't sell something that I've shown on MS World. (I'm not sure if this is true or not and never even thought about it until that person said that) But most of my poems and stories are for my enjoyment and I just like to share. I'm not a professional by any means although I have started selling a few paintings but even that makes me recall how much more fun it is to just give them away!

I encourage anyone with MS to try painting, writing, photography, any hobby, quilting, sewing, we don't have to be the best but we should try. Painting really helps ME by "Lessening my pain" while I'm painting. I think because I'm focused on something else. Go to MS WORLD (Creative Center) by Pam Tobias
                              ps> KoKo, I noticed you were helping others to find it. Thanks! Everyone should check out the creative center. WE ALL have a "story" to tell! (or a "creative outlet")

Comment

Working...
                              X