Copaxone & Medicare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone & Medicare

Two years of waiting for Medicare, ya--started Dec 1st. Called Shared Solutions to let them know. They have a program that sounds to good to be true. I received my first box free, no cost to me. Next month the pharmist said she'd call for the refill and because my income is so low, I'll get help from a non-profit program that they work with. My cost (donation) will be $10 !!??

Since paying so much co-pay on regular insurance, this sounds to good to be true.

Any one else on this program?

Toot
    toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
    Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

sounds like you qualify for extra help on your Medicare D
    so depending on your policy I would say yes this is true

your other drugs will have similar or no copays depending on what tier they are

it is nice to have a happy surprise once in a while

Comment

Milhouse, thanks for your post. Today I also got letter from SSI, nice to see 3.6% increase for next year on my SSDI check

Good day, even if it's raining (would have been lots of snow!)

Toot
      toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
      Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

I've been wondering about this lately. My income would not be really low so wondering if I could afford Copaxone if I went on medicare? I don't want to lose the house to get it but it I know I'd still need to keep taking it.
        Take care, Wiz
        RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

most companies use a rate of 3 to 4 times poverty level to determine low income level so it isn't low low income.
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Toot - I am on a program sponsored through Social Security. It is great and has saved me so much money. Actually, without this program I would not have been able to afford Copaxone as well as my other meds. I paid $3.10 a month for Copaxone (I'm no longer on it) and $1.10 for other prescriptions. It is a great program and well worth checking it out.

http://www.ssa.gov/prescriptionhelp/

To apply:
            https://secure.ssa.gov/i1020/start

Comment

If you are Low Income you may qualify for 'Extra Help' for Medicare D Medications. Can result is very low to no Copay. With the Changes in the last couple of years Brand Name Medications are only 50% instead of 100% in the Donut Hole, saved me $1840 this year.
              Bill
              Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I am just starting with Copaxone, going thru the insurance crap now.

Check into shared solutions site, they have a program for copay assistance and are promoting a program that is max $35 a month copay. I honestly can't say I read all the details, but it says no income / financial restrictions, not sure if its a limited time thing or such, but definitely worth looking into!

Jen

Comment

Working...
                X