Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain Tingle

Hi,
    I'm not a very frequent poster but do read this forum a lot because it usually answers any question I have! But today I have to post! I have this "sensation" at the top right side of my head/brain. I also experience what feels like is someone pressing both my temples in. The sensation has moved for a moment to the left side of my brain, dependent upon which way I move my head or bend over. Crazy sounding I know but this is the best way I can describe it! The "pressure" almost makes me think sinus-related issues but that dang sensation/tingle up top confuses me! Any ideas? Any one else had this?

My teeth feel sensitive, like someone's pushing them into my head... my nose and sinus areas get numb (or is it painful?) and I feel like I have ants crawling on my head, so I think it's all possible. Though if it's extreme, always have it checked out. I think the frequency will tell you if it's MS or not, but do discuss with your doc.

Comment

I forgot to mention that when I yawn, it tingles more! Also noticed a minute ago when I scratched my forehead it seemed to do something. So I guess I'll go with the MS. Now, how do you handle it, it's kinda aggravating and makes me feel blah! I'm afraid I'm gonna drive myself to an anxiety attack worrying about it.

Comment

Yes, I get brain/head sensations, tingles on the top or sides. I have spells where I have them quite a bit, and it does depend on the head positioning or location - if my head is lower, such as gardening on my knees, or cleaning a low area and I raise my head quickly or stand up quickly then the tingles are much worse. It also affects my tounge. They came with my diagnosis of MS and my neuro tells me that he could predict that would be a symptom based on the location of the lesions that I have. The neuro gave me seizure medication to stop the feeling, but that made me feel so loopy that I only took it for a very short period of time.

Comment

Ollie, since your neuro gave you seizure medication does that mean these tingles could cause you to have a seizure or does that just happen to be the kind of med that works?

Comment

Brain tingles

Hello everyone, first time posting. Love the you know you have MS when...anyway about the brain/head tingles...does it hurt? My brain/head tingles?, doesn't hurt but makes me want to bang my head against a wall to make the feeling go away. Ice helps sometimes.

Comment

Since originally postingl I've gone to a neurologist who has given me neurotin and that seems to help. Also, this past weekend I was in North Georgia (vs. southwest ga) and my head didn't hurt/tingle nearly as bad. Now I'm wondering if allergies and altitude played a part in it.

Comment

Working...
              X