Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MRI says: Nonspecific punctate foci of increased T2 signal in the deep white mater...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI says: Nonspecific punctate foci of increased T2 signal in the deep white mater...

My MRI said: Few nonspecific punctate foci of increased T2 signal in the deep white mater.

It said these are not specific for demyelinating disease, and mentions that other causes "can be small vessel ischemia, migraines, vasculitis etc."

My question is has anyone else had these on their MRI? I have not seen my neuro yet, but am very curious! I want an answer to my symptoms..and wonder if this is it or if it just adds another BIG "????" or "hmmm..maybe, maybe not" to my diagnoses. I have symptoms of MS, but also of Ataxia. I have spinal cord compression in a few areas, that could also cause some of my symptoms, but nothing really explains 'everything'.

My symptoms have been around for 4+ years. My last MRI (brain with & without contrast) was 'normal' & did not mention any of the findings this MRI did.

Thanks in advance!!

mri

My MRI mentioned small vessel ischemia, migraines, vasculitis as possibilities too.

I don't remember much else without digging up the report but my lesion (1) is in the periventricular region on the L side (symptoms on the right).

Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

Hi Pageturner

My MRI does not mention a 'lesion' did yours? (or is that a term that you/your doctor used?) There is no location noted except "deep white mater".

I expected to hear about 'plaques' (which there were none noted/mentioned) on the MRI. Can it show something other than 'plaques' and still be diagnostic for MS?

Comment

plaque

I am using the word lesion. It was not on the report. I think it said (again I don't have the report right in front of me) a small area that showed evidence of demyelination.

Comment

Mri Link...

Hi

In another thread I posted this link regarding MRI's.

It's got lots of good info and is readable/understandable,
          I believe, for most of us.

http://www.radiologyassistant.nl/en/...a459bf2fc34950

Just remember...it's always best to ask your neuro/dr, (whoever ordered the MRI) for more detailed information about your particular situation.
          ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
          dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

Working...
          X