Twitching after a yawn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitching after a yawn?

After I yawn my left eyelid twitches for a few seconds. It also does it after I cough, clear my throat, sneeze, or if I tense up even slightly for any reason. For example: I dropped an empty plastic cup yesterday, tried to prevent its fall to the floor, and then my left eyelid went crazy for a few seconds. This started about a month ago, but at first there was never any action that preceded it. It just twitched off and on all day everyday. It was like that for about two weeks and now it seems to be precipitated by my jaw movements (not chewing food), other facial movements and, like I said, even slight tensing. Could it be related to my initial CIS which was atypical Bells Palsy on that side of my face almost four years ago? Does anyone else have twitching or spasms like this?
    Portia

and if not,

for those of you who do have twitching or spasms, what typically causes it to begin for you? Any specific movements, behaviors, or situations that precede it? I just received my diagnosis last month, but it's been almost four years of waiting. My last MRI showed active disease, so maybe I am worried that the little annoying symptoms like twitching are leading up to something more serious.
    Portia

Comment

I don't have that, but once I thought I read something on here about others that did. Maybe you'll get some positive replies.

Just a thought-- maybe ask your neuro about it, and see what he/she thinks if maybe the twitching might be the start of things to come.

Comment

thanks Kathy

I will do that when I see him again in May. I am waiting for his nurse to return my call.
        Portia

Comment

Portia,

I have had some eye twitching in the past... at different times. Now looking back, it didn't ever develop into anything worse. It just seemed to be one of the sx during a relapse. It really has been one of my more mild sx, so I don't think about it too much and it just comes and goes.

Not to say, yours won't develp into something more, since we are all different with all our sx.

I know things seem scary being newly dx. Hang in there. and keep asking questions. that's how we all get through it!

wishing your comfort!
          aka: Friend2U

Comment

Thanks Busymom

Yes, it is a minor thing. Only interferes with vision a little, but I wish it would go away. A few of my students have noticed it. I am trying to write everything in a journal so I have a record of stuff for when I do see my doc. Have a great Sunday.
            Portia

Comment

I can say that I always seem to having twitching that does seem to get worse as other SXs do. I mostly get it in my legs but, once, I had my chin twitch for about 6 hours! It wasn't awkward, at all, trying to talk to people and have them NOT notice that my chin had developed a life of its own...

I don't believe there's anything that really brings them on, though. I'll try to pay more attention and post anything if I see any causes for the twitching.

I can say, one of the weirdest things that had ever happened to me was when I had sneezed and lost my vision, directly afterwards. I still haven't figured that one out... I was driving at the time and I think I would have preferred some good twitching, instead. Heh

I hope it gets better for you. I know how irritating twitching can be. You may as well have someone poking you in the same spot, over and over. Sometimes, I want to scream.

I send bunches of non twitchy hugs!
              [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Wow!

How long was your vision absent? I can't even imagine how scary that must have been! Is your vision impaired now? That is strange that it happened that way. I am seeing an ophthalmologist in May who deals with MS patients. I recently had an optical migraine (scintillating scotoma), but I think those are usually caused by the occipital lobe, not the optic nerve.
                Portia

Comment

funny thing

The other day I was talking to someone and my eyelid kept twitching. All I could think was, man, I hope they don't think I am trying to wink at them, LOL. Even though it was just my brother and he knows I have MS, I thought that it was funny.

Comment

ha ha

Yeah, I sure hope my male students don't think that!
                    Portia

Comment

Thankfully...

The vision loss only lasted a few seconds. I can't tell you how scary it was. It's one of my biggest fears, to lose my vision while driving. I've gotten myself into a habit of staying in the far right lane and going slow, just in case I had to pull over in a hurry.

My vision has been constantly, mildly blurry for the past couple months or so. I get total vision blockage spots on occasion, though, and it usually only effects one eye at a time.

No fun!

I hope you're feeling OK, today.
                      [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Working...
                      X