DIZZY when moving eyeballs~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIZZY when moving eyeballs~

Just wondering if others can relate and if anything further should be noted.

I do not have ON or any problems with optic nerve. But have had blurry vision for many years, only to have it get worse. I no longer work. My opthalmologist believed my blurry vision is attributed to Sjogren's so she gave me plugs in tear ducts. My vision has improved.

Ok..but whenever I move my eyeballs UP I am instantly dizzy, spacey with nausea.This happens each and every time. Sometimes I am getting dizzy when I move my eyeballs sideways.

But now it is happening also when trying to read. Its more the direction that causes this dizziness. Like scrolling through lines. Or..just reading make the words/lines jump. I kept blaming my computer.. duh.. which is it? Seems like my eyes cannot focus as well. Leave me a spacey feeling and a slight headache.

Any ideas? I do not have health insurance now until Sept when I get my medicare.

Thanks..Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Yes , this does happen. It's only the second episode I have had of it.
    I don't have optic involment that I know of either. (the stabbing pain in eye couple of times, but not dxd).
    I don't know why this happens. I have not been to an eye dr for about 7 years. I just assumed it was just another part of dizziness and vertigo. Which I do have. Off and on.
    I pretty much just stop and close my eyes until I can contine. Which by the way is different than when I have vertigo, I can not close my eyes.

Maybe, someone else can weigh in.

Comment

Back in 2009 when the MS can-o-worms got formally opened, I saw my first neuro about it. He had me move my eyes looking up and I nearly re-decorated his shirt. When he saw me getting sick he backed off!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Yeah Gomer I hear ya. I told that to the Nurse Pracitioner that did my last exam, so she didn't make me do it. LOL
        Still I wonder if its a ligament thingy..focusing thingy..what?

Thanks for your responses..Jan
        I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Mjan sorry to hear about your eyesight. You listen so well to others. Just know that we hear you and send HUGS.

I can totally relate to the blurry vision as I awoke to a "smoke-filled" room many years ago. My PT gave me some eye exercises in '09 to work on balance. Since then I have found that your sight has a lot to do with balance or (as in your case) dizzyness. Yoga may help...it helped me Well I'm wishing you the best. Happy Easter!
          [I]Tellnhelen
          Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Jan I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so cruddy, it's hard to enjoy anything when you can't move your eyes. I don't get dizzy when I move mine but occasionally I get a mild version of electric type shocks when I do. Just had that happening yesterday.

I am not able to help or give any good advice, just wanted you to know I am sending hugs and prayers your way (((((Jan))))).

Debbie

Comment

I can relate to this. My eyes blurr periodically and when I move my eyeballs any way, I get so dizzy I feel nauseated. Went to the opthalmalagist for this and he said my eyes looked good and said what I had was optic neuropathy related to MS. I have no idea what that means.

Comment

Me too

I have the exact same thing, I can't scroll down too fast or read a moving text. Also when I am driving sometimes the lightpoles make me sick to my stomach. It gets to the point where my eyes cross over and they get a cramp/spasm. I talked to the neuro about it, and she told me I had INO except my muscles aren't paralyzed they are weak. The solution is to wear prisms that help accommodate my eyes. It takes some time to get used to them but they were heaven sent. Also when I have to switch focus like when driving and shecking the rearview mirrors and the shoulder check it makes me sick. Very uncomfortable... I had this for over a year and a half now and to tell you the truth the doc said had I had the steroids in the beginning it would have helped, but now it is here to stay. So if it is a recent thing for you, go ahead and try to get some help. First neuro told me that oh he knows what he's doing and I don't have issues with my eyes... Second one made me lay down and had to follow her finger. I couldn't do it, my eyes crossed and I couldn't control them
                I hope this helped.
                RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
                on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
                Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

I CAN RELATE MANY OF THE SAME ISSUES!

Originally posted by mjan View Post
                  Just wondering if others can relate and if anything further should be noted.

I do not have ON or any problems with optic nerve. But have had blurry vision for many years, only to have it get worse. I no longer work. My opthalmologist believed my blurry vision is attributed to Sjogren's so she gave me plugs in tear ducts. My vision has improved.

Ok..but whenever I move my eyeballs UP I am instantly dizzy, spacey with nausea.This happens each and every time. Sometimes I am getting dizzy when I move my eyeballs sideways.

But now it is happening also when trying to read. Its more the direction that causes this dizziness. Like scrolling through lines. Or..just reading make the words/lines jump. I kept blaming my computer.. duh.. which is it? Seems like my eyes cannot focus as well. Leave me a spacey feeling and a slight headache.

Any ideas? I do not have health insurance now until Sept when I get my medicare.

Thanks..Jan
                  JAN,
                  I ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM ALMOST THE SAME. MY EYE DOC SAID I HAVE SJORENS'S SYNDROME AND I HAD MY PULG PUT IN MY TEAR DUCTS. I DO NOT HAVE ON AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH ON.

MY EYE DOC SAID THAT MY EYES ARE VERY DRY AND CAUSING THE SAME PROBLEMS THAT YOU ARE HAVING. IT IS NOT CONSTANT ALL THE TIMES BUT AT TIMES IT IS WORSE. MY EYE DOC TRIED ME ON RESTASIS AND I COULD NOT TOLERATE THAT IT BURNED VERY BAD AND IRRITATED MY EYES EVEN MORE.

THE DOC PUT ME ON A STEROID EYE DROP LOTAMAX AND WHEN THEY BOTHER AT TIMES I USE THE DROP 3 TIMES / DAY FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AND THEN I CHANGE TO 1 DROP / DAY FOR ABOUT A WEEK. I USE AN EYE GEL AT BED TIME AND THAT DOES SEEM TO HELP IT IS OVER THE COUNTER AND PERSERVATIVE FREE. THIS HAS BEEN MY ROUTINE FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I HAVE THE DIZZINESS AT TIMES BUT NOT CONSTANT.

I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE DRYNESS AND DIZZINESS IS WORSE WHEN I AM TRYING TO FOCUS ON SOMETHING FOR A LONGER PERIOD LIKE WHEN ON THE COMPUTER, KNITTING AND OR READING.

THE EYE DOC TOLD ME THAT THE LOTOMAX WAS SAFE TO USE MORE ON A LONG TERM BASIS AND DID NOT HAVE THE HIGHER RISK OF CAUSING CATARACT'S AS SOME OF THE OTHER STEROID DROPS.

I WOULD LIKE A BETTER SOLUTION ALSO TO THIS PROBLEM. LOTOMAX MIGHT HELP IT IS A PRESCRIPTION DROP. I TAKE ANTIVERT FOR THE DIZZINESS.

I WISH I HAD A BETTER SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.
                  TAKE CARE ROBIN..

Comment

Originally posted by hotwing View Post
                    JAN,
                    I ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM ALMOST THE SAME. MY EYE DOC SAID I HAVE SJORENS'S SYNDROME AND I HAD MY PULG PUT IN MY TEAR DUCTS. I DO NOT HAVE ON AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH ON.

MY EYE DOC SAID THAT MY EYES ARE VERY DRY AND CAUSING THE SAME PROBLEMS THAT YOU ARE HAVING. IT IS NOT CONSTANT ALL THE TIMES BUT AT TIMES IT IS WORSE. MY EYE DOC TRIED ME ON RESTASIS AND I COULD NOT TOLERATE THAT IT BURNED VERY BAD AND IRRITATED MY EYES EVEN MORE.

THE DOC PUT ME ON A STEROID EYE DROP LOTAMAX AND WHEN THEY BOTHER AT TIMES I USE THE DROP 3 TIMES / DAY FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AND THEN I CHANGE TO 1 DROP / DAY FOR ABOUT A WEEK. I USE AN EYE GEL AT BED TIME AND THAT DOES SEEM TO HELP IT IS OVER THE COUNTER AND PERSERVATIVE FREE. THIS HAS BEEN MY ROUTINE FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I HAVE THE DIZZINESS AT TIMES BUT NOT CONSTANT.

I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE DRYNESS AND DIZZINESS IS WORSE WHEN I AM TRYING TO FOCUS ON SOMETHING FOR A LONGER PERIOD LIKE WHEN ON THE COMPUTER, KNITTING AND OR READING.

THE EYE DOC TOLD ME THAT THE LOTOMAX WAS SAFE TO USE MORE ON A LONG TERM BASIS AND DID NOT HAVE THE HIGHER RISK OF CAUSING CATARACT'S AS SOME OF THE OTHER STEROID DROPS.

I WOULD LIKE A BETTER SOLUTION ALSO TO THIS PROBLEM. LOTOMAX MIGHT HELP IT IS A PRESCRIPTION DROP. I TAKE ANTIVERT FOR THE DIZZINESS.

I WISH I HAD A BETTER SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.
                    TAKE CARE ROBIN..

Thank you Robin for sharing your experience.
                    Was thinking it was more MSee than Sjogrens, but its probably both?

Its is in the MOVEMENT and position I am trying to FOCUS that seems to cause this. I get immediate dizziness, nausea and a pressure headache. I also get PAIN in eyes, or sharp pain when I drive at night and other headlights are shining into my eyes.

Could it be related to Spasticity? Hmm..

Thanks again, Jan
                    I believe in miracles~!

Comment

Working...
                    X