Gilenya copay assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya copay assistance

I finally received a call from one of the Gilenya nurses today, and was told that they had completed my insurance varification. My copay was going to be $45 for a 28 day supply, however the Gilenya support program would cover all of that exspense and therefor the medication will cost me NOTHING. She did tell me that this financial assistance had current expiration date of 12/31/2011, but at least through the next year it won't cost me anything..... which is a huge relief after all of the excitment when it was approved, then worry when I found out the retail cost.

I've been in the FTY720 clinical trial for 21 mths, so being able to take this medication without jumping through all of the hoops will be a welcomed change! Best of luck to all others looking to start this medication! I just wanted to share a little bit of positive results surrounding the cost of this med.... hopefully many of you can have the financial burden lifted through the patient assistance program as well

Phone number

The Gilenya Assistance number is- 877-408-4974.....

One you and your neuro have decided that Gilenya (fingolimod) is 'right for you', your doctor fills out a service request form (available for download on Gilenya's website) and they fax it in. This form serves as a perscription essentialy, but includes all of your insurance information, which allows Gilenya to contact your insurance carriers to determine the cost they will cover. Just like it has been reported in other posts.... the Gilenya assistance will pay for up to $800 a month for the medication (for those that qualify.... which should be most people). I know I was very anxious to find out what my insurance plan was going to charge, because I had fears that even with the $800 mth assistance I would still be left with a hefty copayment. Gilenya has been categorized as a "first line" therapy, so I think that this may help to keep the initial cost to patient's down a bit. Again best of luck to anyone else out there looking to start this medication...... I think that it has kept me stable and productive the last 2 yrs and wanted to share my positive experience with the financial aspect of this newly approved medication.

Comment

Greatfull bandwagon

I also had very good feedback and help
      through the patient assistance program
      same experience my cost is nothing. it
      has been such a relief I did have to call
      every day for about 2 months I ended up
      with 4 nurse navigators working with me
      and my neuro and his office staff expiditing
      things as while waiting I tumbled into a flare
      but things are really looking hope
      everyone has the same good luck.

Comment

I just started Medicare and have a Medicare part D drug plan. Before I started Medicare I was offered $800 per month co-pay assistance from Novartis that is not needs based. However since I am now on Medicare part D any assistance is needs based. It looks like my total yearly out-of-pocket will be from $5000 to $6000. BTW Novartis Gilenya support stinks compared to Copaxone. It has taken me literally 2 months to get the information I needed to get my prescription. Meanwhile my neuro gave me free samples. To top the whole thing off I was supposed to get my first Gilenya prescription tomorrow, but the pharmacy is OUT !!!! What a wonderful medical system we have. Now I will have to get some more free samples if my neuro has any left.

Comment

Do how does it make you feel?

I was just dx last week, and this week the doc says he want to put me on Gilenya. Hopefully I'll be able to get assistance with the payments......but I'm more worried about how it makes one feel? What kind of side effects are the people taking it having? Has anyone not tolerated it? Has anyone developed liver or heart complications?

Comment

Originally posted by sharilynndria View Post
            I was just dx last week, and this week the doc says he want to put me on Gilenya. Hopefully I'll be able to get assistance with the payments......but I'm more worried about how it makes one feel? What kind of side effects are the people taking it having? Has anyone not tolerated it? Has anyone developed liver or heart complications?
            I had elevated liver enzymes beginning at around week 4 or 5 and continuing for about 5 weeks. Fortunately the issue resolved itself with my liver enzymes returning to normal on its own before they reached the point that they were entirely unacceptable.

I did some research and apparently once the liver enzyme issue appears about half the time it resolves on its own, like with me, or in the other half you get pulled off and the enzyme issue then resolves on its own or you get treated for it.

Comment

Gilenya has worked perfectly for me..

Originally posted by sharilynndria View Post
              When I first started taking it in September 2011, I was getting discouraged because it made me very tired and I was missing work because of how drousy I had become. That was happening when I would take the pill before work. I decided to start taking it an hour or two before bed and that has worked for me ever since. It took a while for me to get to the point where I was sleeping well again, but after starting an exercise program, I am sleeping like a baby. I am so happy, not only because I no longer taking shots, but because I don't suffer any of the symptoms that I was initially from this new medication.

Comment

novartis and their co-pay assistance program has let me get my Gilenya free all last year and now again this year. Thanks to them!!!!!!

Comment

Great for all those who qualify for Gilenya. I however have fallen thru the cracks because I am on medicare but my husband still works. Gilenya denied me any type of support and last week I had to pay over $1000 to get my first months dosage. This was ONLY acceptable because with that payment I went in and out of the "Medicare" donut hole, making all my copays on all medicne for the rest of the year drasically reduced. Still, I feel like someone hit me with their best shot, again.
                  My Cross To Bear Keeps Fallin Off

Comment

copay

Hi.

My insurance was going to pay $75/mo. for Gilenya. The Rebif was $45. Gilenya has agreed to give me $0 copay like someone else mentioned. Up to $800 for the year. Something like that. I didn't need an extra $30 coming out of my money every month.

My navigator at Gilenya was great to talk to. I'll miss talking with her; although, I can always call with questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X