Positional Paresthesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positional Paresthesia

As of this morning, I have paresthesia (pins and needles) in my left hand only when I extend my left arm out to my side. It feels exactly like the paresthesia I had in my leg a couple of years ago, but the fact that it's positionally triggered makes me think it might not be MS. Has anyone else had positionally triggered symptoms or know if that's possible?
    Lesions since 2003 (at least). Symptoms since June, 2007. Diagnosed April, 2011.

I have that happen when my body is in positions that usually might make a limb "go to sleep." Instead of taking 25 minutes, it takes two...

Comment

I have this. It came on recently & I asked my neuro PNP about why my legs fall asleep even though I am not in a position where they should be falling asleep. She thought, as well, that it was not related to MS (in my case, "possible" MS) so she ordered an EMG on my legs. That came back fine. So, what is it? Don't know. I just have to be moving around an awful lot so I don't have my limbs fall asleep for no reason!
      "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Working...
      X