Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hips and Legs feel like they are on fire!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hips and Legs feel like they are on fire!!

Does anyone else have this? It starts in my hips and then goes down my legs. It really feels like they are on fire! Can anyone offer advice??

I don't have this in my hips and legs but I do have it in my face, arms, chest and back...I feel for you, this is one of the most annoying things I have had to deal with yet with no relief for months...
    DX 10/26/11

Comment

I get the same burning legs,hips and feet Sometimes when I over exert myself the burning will pulsate all around my body like a bad sunburn.When I take showers it feels like there's hot and cold water hitting me at the same time because I feel temperature differently on different parts of my skin and sometimes I will feel like certain parts of my skin is wet when it isn't .My neuro had put me on Cymbalta for depression and it also helps a real lot with the burning

Comment

I have this too on mostly on my legs. It was so bad this weekend that I decided to call my doctor Monday and see what he says.

Comment

This might be a true exacerbation (flare). New symptoms that last for more than 24 hours require a call to the DR., so good job calling Monday.

Sorry about the pain. I've had both legs feel as if they were on fire, too.

The NMMS has this link that defines flares.
          You might already be familiar with this site, but I thought it might be helpful to you or others.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ons/index.aspx

Comment

Twisterred--Thanks so much for posting that link! It was most helpful!

Comment

I know........

I have had hip and leg pain that felt like they were on FIRE too!

Finally the med that helps me are Butran Patches!

Honestly Thank God for those!
              [

:sun: LIGHT and LOVE --Stacey

DX-1997(17)
              RX-97-06(All-BARC(and)Rebif again!

Comment

is this aka neuropathy pain?

i posted earlier about this exact issue. I have had invisible sunburn for over a year. Just this week the pain intensified to levels i cannot manage or tolerate. I feel like i baked in the oven from head to toe. Even the roof of my mouth burns.

Neuro order a test called qsart test. He said pain meds dont help with nerve pain....jeez, let me decide. I havent put in a full days work any day this week.

If you try anything that works please share. I plan to ask my doc about Butran Patches. I already take 400 mg of lyrica and still no relief.

Comment

Ask if you can try gabapentin. It won't end the pain, but it might reduce it...
                  1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                  NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I'm on Elavil, but so far, not great relief. Allergic to Neurontin and Tegretol, and I simply can't function on Lyrica.

When clothes touch my skin, or I have to wear shoes, it's much worse. I work from home, so I sit around in baggy clothes and no shoes.

I am "test driving" two creams. One is called Neuragen, and sometimes it seems like it's helping, other times not so much. Also, I have lidocaine cream, and just numb the skin. In a pinch, I put ice packs on the burning areas, and it distracts but doesn't take it away.

Hope you find something that helps.

Comment

I have it in my arms but it's goes from my bones to the skin, nothing I've found helps it

Comment

Working...
                      X