No announcement yet.

Torso/Rib Numbness and Weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited the entire day for the call back, only to hear from his nurse that he's off to Switzerland? for a MS conference, and will be away for 2 weeks total. Great~

I explained to the nurse the year old GA dx, and the new trunk/torso sx's doc and I discussed in great detail during my OV on Monday. Told the nurse there was no resolution as to what my numb/string sensation torso/trunk sx's could be, other than not spinal cord related based on MS doc's pin prick test that I passed with flying colors. Nurse offered to attempt to contact doc before he leaves for the conference, but I reassured the nurse that under the circumstancesit was not urgent for him to reply.

I've wrapped my brain around the possibility that my 'trunk' sx's are frontal lobe related, as is the existing dx of GA. Emotionally I'm much better than I was yesterday and this morning. This guy is effing smart, one of the MS guru's. I hate being treated like a child, and the open ended responses I typically get about my sx's and dx'es.

Thanks to anyone who's followed along with my post.

Comment

I've searched at least a dozen more research articles on Apraxia of gait and trunk movement, little of it informs someone like myself who is a non-medical-professional. It also seems that Neuro professionals have many variations for describing sx's and dx'es making it that much more difficult.

But I'm considering what my doc's motive could be for not acknowledging what must be obvious to someone with his experience, knowledge, training and skill.

All I have come up with is the possibility that making an official dx of lack of trunk movement with my existing GA dx, may change my dx status to SPMS, resulting in me being ineligible for DMTs.

Comment

I found a link for the 4th International Symposium on Gait and Balance in MS.

Quote: This symposium focuses on the role of cognitive dysfunction on postural control, mobility problems, and accidental falls in persons with multiple sclerosis. The morning session will discuss assessment of cognition and cognitive-motor interference during balance and mobility tasks, and the mechanisms underlying cognitive-motor interference. The afternoon sessions will discuss evidence for cognitive dysfunction affecting motor performance, identify gaps in knowledge, and present strategies to address cognitive-motor interference as it contributes to gait and balance dysfunction in persons with MS.

The link is here:

http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/health/servic...ance-in-ms.cfm

Comment

No comments, feedback, questions, nothing? I'd like to hear from anyone with insight, opinion, comment, sympathy, nothing from anyone?

Ok, I understand it may be an obscure sx, but I'd like to hear feedback from anyone.

I do appreciate all who have read my monotamous thread about an obscure sx.

Comment

Got a call from my MS doc yesterday, and reading between the lines of our conversation, 'Apraxia of gait and trunk movements' is sx of SPMS.

I'm currently on Ty, and in fact signed documents to switch to Aubagio earlier this week which is approved treatment for RRMS.

Restored my confidence in my MS doc to some extent. A healthy dose of skepticism remains intact.

Comment

Working...
            X