Tecfidera and mouth problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera and mouth problems

Been taking tecfidera for a little over a month. Overall very tolerable. Have noticed that my tongue and roof of my mouth have a burning sensation. No oral sores are noticeable. Anyone else experience this? Not listed as a side effect.

that happened to me when I had an allergic reaction to MRI contrast. Never from tec. I wonder if you are mildly allergic?
    First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

Comment

Mouth soreness

Don2480

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought. Spoke with neuro. He wasn't terribly concerned unless there were actual lesions in the mouth. I really don't want to stop this medication. He said to continue on unless it gets worse. I happen to be a dental professional and see this sort of thing often. Usually related to medication. I will keep an eye on it.
      Thanks for responding.

Comment

I would keep a eye on it, but it is good to know that you checked with your neuro.

Personally, I would take it as an invitation to eat more ice cream.

Comment

mouth soreness with tecfidera

HobbitHead.....I like your sense of humor.

Comment

rsinger

Sometimes you have to look on the bright side.

I always hope that people don't think that I am dismissing their discomfort, because I am not. Just being my usual goofy self.

Comment

Mouth problems

I think I figured out what was causing my mouth problems and it's not Tecfidera. I started eating raw walnuts around the time the mouth soreness started. Stopped them and now the problem is gone. We have to be careful not to make too many correlations. It's not always the medication causing a reaction. Really like this medication and hope to be able to continue with it. Don't see any thing else on the horizon to treat MS at this time.
              Just thought I would share this info with all of you who responded to my comments.

Comment

spicy burning feeling in throat and mouth

I also started taking Tecfidera over about a 5 weeks now. Although I did have my share of stomach cramps, but I feel that Both the frequency and intensity have been on a gradual decline…So I’m staying on course.

The reason why I’m posting on this forum thread is that I recently started feeling a burning sensation in my throat and mouth. The type you get after eating something spicy…Not sure what to make of it and perhaps like other users specified, it could be an allergic reaction. But I’m very keen about eating healthy and I cut off coffee and tea to substitute by drinking water instead…and this spicy burning feeling comes even with water...

I would like to see if other Tecfidera users have experienced something similar….

Comment

Working...
                X