Lots of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of questions

I am new to this site, and new to this world in general. I started developing several symptoms of MS months ago. Most recently I have had severe numbness and tingling all over my body with no real rhyme or reason to it. My Dr. ran a battery of blood work to see if I had Lyme disease. Everything was clear except for Vitamin D was 9.5, too low. He said just take Vitamins.

When I first saw him he said he wanted to order an MRI of my neck and brain if these test were normal. Now he hasn't proceeded with any scans. Let me back up a min. This is my Osteopathic Dr. I am talking about because when my symptoms first started my Primary Dr. said I needed physical therapy because it was most likely a compressed disc due to a terrible auto accident 10 years prior.

Physical therapy seemed to bring the symptoms on in full force, or it was probably just the timing. At any rate it was my Osteopathic Dr. that I saw next because he was the appt. I already had scheduled. I am thinking I should go back to my Primary Dr. and try to get a Neuro referral........am I right to be concerned? I am so tired all the time, and these pins and needles and numbness is ridiculous.
    Thank you for any suggestions

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi treepros and welcome to MSWorld!

This is a good place to find information about MS from those of us sharing our experiences, knowledge and opinions. I am sorry you are having problems and I would recommend going back to your pcp for a referral to a neurologist.

You don't mention the other symptoms you feel are MS symptoms, but the fact that your Vit. D level is so low (9) is something that certainly needs to be improved! The newest levels that are recommended are 50-70 ng/ml. Common side effects of low Vit. D are pins & needles, tingling and numbness.

Seeing a neurologist and having a series of testing (including an MRI) can help answer your questions. I hope it is not MS!

Take care and let us know how it goes!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

You need to consult a neurologist. They have the expertise to make this diagnosis. I hope it isn't MS. Good luck

Comment

Hi Treepos,

Your symptoms are exactly like mine. Sorry! I am newly diagnosed with MS. I also had low Vit D. Definitely see a Neuro asap and I pray for you that it is not MS. I am starting Tecfidera tomorrow. Let me know if I can answer any questions. Good Luck and glad you found this very friendly and informative website. Welcome!

Comment

Similar

Two and a half years ago I started out with the same symptoms. Numbness and tingling was mostly in my feet and the extreme fatigue. I couldn't make it thru the day. My doc also ran endless number of blood test and the only thing it showed was low vitamin d level. Docs are suspicious of ms, since nothing has panned out. They tested me 4 times for Lyme disease. I don't know where things are going, but as I understand it the mri's are important. Sounds like you need to get hooked up with a neuro. Mine is still stumped but they are repeating the mri's and nerve conduction studies this week (last ones were a year ago). My symptoms have changed to more pain in my legs. Who knows? Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X