Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tegretol

Hello All,

Does anyone have any experience with Tegretol? I am having increased neuropain/fibromyalgia pain. My doctor started me on this medication.

I was wondering if anyone has taken this. I have not seen any posts regarding this particular medication.

I would appreciate any input.
    Icrow67

Hi icrow67: I take Tegretol for trigeminal neuralgia. It helps with the pain, but definitely does not make it worse for me. You should see your doctor about this issue as it is an unusual response to this drug.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/ART-20045004

There are newer medications that can help with both the neuropathic pain and the fibromyalgia. Talk with your neurologist about this and see if you all can come up with something different that would work better for you.

Hope you feel better soon!

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I have taken tegretol for about 3 years now and works ok for me. I take 300 mg. a day. I still feel the pain, but I tried going off because I didn't think it was helping and I regretted it. It does help.

good luck.
      DIAGNOSED=2012
      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Thank you for your replies. It always helps to hear others experiences.
        Icrow67

Comment

It's the only drug that works for my nerve pain. I'm rx'd 100mg chewable 3x day, but usually take 1-2.

Cymbalta, lyrica, Neurontin didn't work.

Comment

I take Tegrotol 100mg x 2 daily. Also take 900 mg Neurotin x 3 daily.

Between the two, my Neuralgia is manageable. Still have it, some days worse than others (as are all our symptoms), but for the most part, pretty well controlled.

Comment

Working...
            X