Tecfidera Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera Newbie

Hi All! I've had MS for 15 years, and just started Tecfidera yesterday. I'm doing the 120mg twice a day for 7 days then I go to 240mg twice a day. So far I've had flushing and itching. I'm so worried about the abdominal pain/nausea/vomiting/diarrhea! I did a bit of research so I am taking a coated aspirin 1 hour before food and my Tecfidera, and eating well balanced meals with a carb, a protein, a fat. Can anyone give me a current report of their side effects? Do they lessen over time? Does everyone seems to get the side effects? Trying to prepare as best as I can for the worst case scenario

From what I've read, everyone gets different side effects. I had minor flushing (none anymore), and I had horrible stomach burning pains about 2 weeks into the 240 mg, but I take 75mg of generic Zantac with the Tecfidera and the problem is solved. I've been on the med for 4 or 5 months, I forget exactly, but I don't really notice I'm on it.

I had horrible gastric issues with Aubagio, so none with Tecfidera was thrilling.

Comment

I had a ton of mouth sores on Aubagio

Comment

I'm into month six and have had no side effects, knock wood. Good luck and God bless.

Comment

Working...
        X