In a relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a relapse

Lots of symptoms and feeling terrible the last 2 weeks- my clinic decided it was time for steroids. Doing 5 days of IVSM with home health care. My doc doesn't attribute it to any fault of Tecfidera. Says its just MS. Last time I had to do steroids was June 2012. Keep me in your thoughts, riding the roid train!
    Dx June 13, 2012- Tysabri July 2012-March 2013. Tecfidera April 2013-present.

Hope the roids help. I was also in a flair that needed ivsm. They didn't help me. Nuero also said it had nothing to do with Tec.

May I ask what you're experiencing. I had leg weakness and severe head pain. Been on Dec for 5 months now.

Had to stop temporarily due to being dxd with diverticulitis on Friday. Have to stay on liquid diet for 3 days.

Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

I've had a series of symptoms- increased numbness and tingling particularly in back and legs, muscle spasms, pressure in my left eye, nerve pain down my right leg, slight speech problems, restlessness, the hug- tightness around my middle. I'm hoping the steroids will call it down.

Comment

Relapse in tec, too

I'm having my worst relapse since 2001, dizzy, balance, spastic legs... Had 5 infusions and an oral taper, not much better. Dr. Doesn't know if the tec is working, more MRIs next week (last one three weeks ago showed new spot on left cerebellum )

A relapse this early on tec is worrisome. I'm beginning to wonder if no dmt is better.

Hope you are doing better soon.
        Maggie
        Diagnosed 1992
        Copaxone 2001-2007 (ok, not great)
        Rebif 2010-2012(horrible!)
        Current Tecfidera(too soon to tell? Major relapse though).

Comment

I had a relapse just days before starting Tec, but I think it was because I had 2 months of a wash out period from Gilenya so was on no form of ms medication for so long.

Comment

Relapse on Tec

My MS was very aggressive before taking Tysabri...was having relapses every 3 months. I went on Tysabri and didn't have a relapse an entire year on the med. I was JC + and have had prior immunosuppressant use, so I came off Tysabri 3 months ago and went to Tecfidera. 3 months in, I'm now in a terrible relapse and I'm at the point I was before starting Tysabri. I think I'm going to take my chances and go back to Tysabri and hope for the best. I've been on every other drug and nothing has worked except Ty. It's scary going back, but I need to get better!

Comment

I can relate hhobbs, I was very happy with my Tysabri treatment. I was told my MS was initially aggressive because of the high lesion load and did well on TY. I too found out I was JC+ and made the switch to Tec. I will consider switching back though and taking the risk if the Tec can't hold up. I'm going to continue to give it more time, because I am tolerating the oral and I do trust my doctor. I think it's still too soon for me to jump to any conclusions. Plus- I'm still relatively new to all this and I find it everyday challenging to know how to navigate life with this disease. What's normal course of this disease, if there is such a thing. It helps hearing everyone's experience who's living this too. Thanks!

Comment

I am sorry for all of you having relapses and I hope you feel better soon.

I was also on TY for 6 1/2 yrs. without a relapse and I had to stop because of jcv+.

I hope tec works for all of us.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                X