Tecfidera and IBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera and IBS

I already have IBS problems (soft stool, diarrhea), and I am wondering if that will make me more or less likely to suffer from the GI symptoms that Tec can cause? I've just received my first month's supply, and plan on starting tomorrow so I'll find out shortly how it does affect me. Anyone else on Tec already have IBS before starting on it?

Welcome to tec. I've been on it for 31 days and I have a history of gastritis, hiatal hernia and IBS. I won't sugar coat it for you it was rough for me and I had to get off of it for a few days after the first 18 days. I was vomiting and cramping so bad I couldn't get off the bathroom floor for a few days. My bowels were all over the charts either couldn't go or couldn't stop. I called my doctor and he stopped my meds for 3 days. Then I continued them as scheduled with regular dose but added fatty foods. My mistake was the nurse said fatty food like fast foods or hamburgers. That killed my stomach until I figured out online I could eat "good" fatty foods with the meds and get the desired results without killing my gut and intestines. Now on day 31 the meds are still giving me a little cramping but is tolerable. Key is eat a little fat with your pill dear. It makes a difference. Keep me updated. Best of luck.

Comment

Only thing i get is my face gets flush warm feeling and thats it, and it only lasts about a half hour. Hope everything works out for you.

Comment

Working...
      X