Thanks Biogen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Biogen

Received great news today... since my Insurance company BCBS of Texas is refusing to cover Tech, Biogen is sending prescription to Bio-Services who will send me Tech for remainder of the year free of charge.

After all the ins. crud I had to go through, I am so grateful that Biogen was able to assist me.

I hope and pray that I am able to do well on Tech and it keeps me from progressing any further.

@Lilstep

Sorry to hear. I now you were battling BCBS for awhile as was I. That is awesome news that Tecfidera has covered you for the year!

BCBS made my neurologist write another prescription after the started pack it took 2 weeks of no tecfidera but now I'm set with 11 refills so I guess I'm set for the year.

Was mind-blown seeing the claim amount so we are truly fortunate.

Keep calm and tecfidera on!!!

Congrats and all the best!
    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

If u read the Tec patient info, it clearly says "any patient taking this drug, regardless of income, will pay no more than $10 copay per month AS LONG AS THEY REMAIN ON THE DRUG (except those covered by Medicare).

Hope this info puts some of you at ease.....
      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Yes, $10

Yes, after waiting and waiting I just called my ins. Co. Directly. They shipped my first months dose and asked if i wanted to use the "coupon" from Biogen and it would only cost $10?
        Of course i said yes and figure if it wasnt true i'd deal with it later. I just wanted the drug. So it came today for $10!(my co pay would have been $420.)

Comment

You would think that, since we are ( MSer's on this site ) a large community that make up their market for their product, ALL of the involved, marketers and producers, would try to make these incentives clear to us (the prospective buyers). I realize that there are probably some restrictions regarding drug companies posting 'advertising' or sales pitches. There's the 'rub', I guess.

Comment

My insurance covered the initial dose, but is not covering maintenance doses until later this year. Biogen is attempting to approve me for free Tecfidera for the remainder of the year. I guess they are dealing with a number of insurance companies that are slow to add Tecfidera to their formulary.

I was at the VA last week and was informed they had not added Tecfidera to their system. Most electronic medical systems have also not added Tecfidera via updates so practitioners have to manually update your charts with Tecfidera.

As far as incentives go ...
            Drug companies aren't in business to giveaway their products. So you have competing factions of trying to increase their user base without giving away the farm. The preferred method is for insurance companies to pick up the tab, but they'll do what they can to get you on their medication. This includes copay assistance, financial assistance and even temporary supplying you with free medication.

There is still nothing FREE, costs are simply spread out over other consumers. One of the reasons DMTs are so expensive is so many people aren't paying for them. If everyone on Tecfidera had insurance and was paying full price the annual cost would be reduced for everyone.

I am glad Tecfidera is being made available to people that cannot afford it. I know my disability check isn't quite large enough to cover the medication.

Comment

I just talked to Biogen and I have been approved to get mine free until the end of the year. I am now waiting for US BIO to call to set shipment date.

I am in my wash out period from TY so it will still be a few weeks before I can start it.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                My insurance covered the initial dose, but is not covering maintenance doses until later this year. Biogen is attempting to approve me for free Tecfidera for the remainder of the year. I guess they are dealing with a number of insurance companies that are slow to add Tecfidera to their formulary.
                Marco, I hope your insurance company gets on board with covering your Tecfidera. Doesn't make sense to cover the initial dose and not remaining.

I may be in the same boat later. My insurance co. approved my initial dose. Was going to be $150/mo through my specialty pharmacy. Spoke to Biogen rep and approved for the Biogen $10 copay - that saves quite a bit of $$.

My starter pack is supposed to arrive Thursday -- we'll see. I have to say, the representatives at Biogen and Caremark were extremely helpful.

Comment

Biogen and CVS Caremark came through. I should get my Tecfidera this Friday. ... woohoo ...

Comment

Medicare and Tec

I wish there was some good news for us with Medicare. I'm still waiting for my dr. to tell me what's going on with my prescription. It's been months since it was submitted.

Comment

Emily you can call MS ActiveSource @ 1.800.456.2255 and ask them for your individual status and for people on medicare. I hope they can shed some light on your situation.

Comment

Tec

After being off DMD for 17 months I am on the verge of BG12.

I went off Copaxone last February and have had many issues trying to get started on something else.

Was going to be Gilenya then neuro thought I should hold out for Tec.

Now, Friday, I got a call from MS Active Source that my copay would be $1796.13!

They also thought I was on Medicare.

I have my own insurance.

I am so worried that I am finally going to start something then get hit with a huge bill.

I had to tell her not to ship anything until it is all straightened out.

So frustrating!

Comment

naphappy: Is that $1796 figure co-pay for Medicare a MONTHLY co-pay? Surely not. Annual? Is that figure based on income? Unreal. I am on Medicare.

Comment

Originally posted by naphappy View Post
                            Now, Friday, I got a call from MS Active Source that my copay would be $1796.13!

They also thought I was on Medicare.

I have my own insurance.

I am so worried that I am finally going to start something then get hit with a huge bill.

I had to tell her not to ship anything until it is all straightened out.

So frustrating!
                            You should contact your specialty pharmacy that would be filling your rx.

I contacted mine directly and found out the copay would be $150/mo. After my pharmacy rec'd approval from my insurance company, I contact Biogen to get approved for the $10 copay. They then gave me pertinent info about my prescription approval: Id, Group, Bin & PCN nos.

Biogen mentioned they would send this info to my specialty pharmacy within 24 hrs and/or I could also contact my pharmacy directly and give them this info to speed up the process a bit -- which I did.

Anyhow, my suggestion is to follow up with your specialty pharmacy and see what information they have regarding your Tecfidera and how much you will be paying through them. Tell them you are going to contact Biogen (800-456-2255) about the $10 copay program.

Good luck and hope this is resolved soon.

Bree

Comment

US BIO called said I would receive my tec. on Thursday. Since I am in my washout period Dr. said to start taking it July 16. so I have awhile to wait.
                              God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                              X