So far so good....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far so good....

I've been on Tecfidera for five weeks this Friday. The very first dose I experiencing flushing. After speaking with my doctor's office I've been taking 81mg asprin, eating and then taking my dose of Tecfidera. Since then, no flushing. I've had no GI problems.

I transitioned from Tysabri to Tecfidera, due to being JC+. I did not do a washout period- it was exactly 4 weeks between my last infusion and starting Tecfidera. It was a battle to get my insurance approval. Initially I was started on the Quick Start Program, but I just found out this week, after filing an appeal with my insurance company I was able to get approval. I was able to get enrolled in Biogen's $10 copay program and my first shipment through my insurance should arrive next week.
    Dx June 13, 2012- Tysabri July 2012-March 2013. Tecfidera April 2013-present.

How does the aspirin help the flushing?

Comment

I'm not sure how the aspirin works, but since I've followed those two things: aspirin and eating I've had no other flushing. It was pretty significant flushing after the first dose, t turned red all over and warm. None since then. I'll probably see what happens without aspirin in a few weeks to see if I can go without. Otherwise feeling pretty okay.
      Dx June 13, 2012- Tysabri July 2012-March 2013. Tecfidera April 2013-present.

Comment

the flushing

Flushing seems pretty universal. I have been sticking with eating first then take my pill right after.

Last night though I got really red and kinda itchy/prickly feeling everywhere. This was 2 hours after taking my second pill just after dinner.

Seemed kinda random so I thought I'd post it. I also get a gurgling sound a lot after taking the pill, no pain or discomfort and did have an accident trying to get to the bathroom but that was back on the 120mg and now I have a good routine and I feel my body is in a good rhythm now.
        I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

My flushing silver random too. Yesterday, I had it bad, but that was the only time. I will be doing a full dose tomorrow.

Comment

Started Tecfidera

Been 2 weeks. Heavy flushing first day, decreased after. I get it slightly now and then at this point. Transferred from Tysabri after 26 infusions. JC+.
            Going to a twice a day med takes some getting used to... I use technology to track and remind.
            I started at week 6 after last infusion due to a lot of insurance screw-ups. I was supposed to get a last infusion and start 2 weeks after, but insurance kept canceling and restarting infusion and when it was all said and done I just shifted without last infusion.
            Overall - to date, I feel freer for some reason - not being tied to a monthly infusion. I do need to get the three month supply to really feel good about things.

Comment

Working...
            X