Limbo land sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limbo land sucks!

I do not have a diagnoses of MS yet. Clean MRI of brain but have not had MRI of spine or spinal tap yet. I have vertigo, numbness of scalp/forehead, double vision but for a couple of months but is now back to normal, jaw pain that comes and goes with headaches...pain only on left side, muscle spasms and twitches, electric shock feeling in right leg when getting out of chair and dermographia of the skin. My neurologist said I look 'fine' and to come back in three months. I am trying to have patience but getting frustrated. All blood work is fine and tested negative for lupus, lyme, RA and fibro.
    I don't know why he is dragging his feet on spinal tap and MRI of spine.
    Please, does anyone have any thoughts? Advice? Could this be MS?

Originally posted by mazzy1972 View Post
    I do not have a diagnoses of MS yet. Clean MRI of brain but have not had MRI of spine or spinal tap yet. I have vertigo, numbness of scalp/forehead, double vision but for a couple of months but is now back to normal, jaw pain that comes and goes with headaches...pain only on left side, muscle spasms and twitches, electric shock feeling in right leg when getting out of chair and dermographia of the skin. My neurologist said I look 'fine' and to come back in three months. I am trying to have patience but getting frustrated. All blood work is fine and tested negative for lupus, lyme, RA and fibro.
    I don't know why he is dragging his feet on spinal tap and MRI of spine.
    Please, does anyone have any thoughts? Advice? Could this be MS?
    Your first few symptoms are literally coming from your head, but since your MRI of the head way normal, either they are too small to see, and you have to wait a few months and check again, or you do not have MS. It is a mimic disease.

On the leg vibrating when you stand up, it sounds like a pinched nerve. In MS this sort of vibration can last for days or weeks with no stopping, not even for a few seconds, it is often accompanied by some numbness.

If you want to you can ask your neurologist about Evoked Potentials for your eyes VEP, limbs SSEP, and brainstem BAER. If any of these come back positive then an LP will we warranted.

Right now an LP is not warranted because you have no lesions to support a diagnosis. The LP is just a supportive test, not a stand alone test like the MRI. Check the McDonald Criteria 2010 revised version.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X