Tired of Constipation!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of Constipation!!!

I am so tired of my constipation. It is a feeling of solidness in my abdomen. I am extremely gassy. It feels like its right at the edge but just wants to stay there. Oh how I miss the good-o-days of regularity!*
    I was out of my vegetable laxatives tonight. *My husband says let's go get some. Ok it was 9:00 pm and it's Friday night. So I drive so he can run in to our Walmart. Plus my dog wanted to go. So we get to Walmart and the parking lot was packed. I pull up in front of the store. I park on the sidewalk. It's flat with those yellow bumps. People park here when the are loading something big. I always park there if I am waiting in the car. Some people give me a look but I don't care. As I said it was very busy. *A few groups of teenagers were hanging out in the parking lot. Very odd. Some were at the end of the parking lot with there tailgate down sitting and talking to others. I guess kids have no money so they are just hanging out in parking lots.*
    So when my husband had been inside Walmart for over 15 minutes. I knew he would not be happy. I could tell by the way he was walking that he was mad. He hates to wait in long lines. He got into the car and was mad. He said it took him 10 minutes to find the laxatives. He handed me the bottle and it was the wrong ones! It was kinda funny but I didn't laugh in the car. Lol I hope it works!!! I already feel solid! Lol*

Leaky bladder and being full of poop don't mix!! I guess it's better then the both of them leaky!!*

Have a fantastic Saturday!*

Christine, a combination of your "embarrassing moments" post, as well as this one, happened a couple months ago!

I appreciate good toilet humour but I'm a very private person when it comes to bathroom stuff, I even run the tap if I'm going pee and someone is in ear shot. I had to have an X-ray done on my tailbone that's fractured in 2 places. When the doc came to give me the results (in a packed emerg at the hospital) he pointed out that there was a lot of stool on the xray and I must be really constipated!!

The worst part was nobody heard him talk about the fractures so they thought I was laid up on the gurney, writhing in pain... from constipation.

Thought you may enjoy this one! By the way, I still can't sign the guest book on your blog.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

For Jen

That was funny! I am sure you wanted to run out of there. Since your a "turn the water on" girl to go to the bathroom! My mother actually was so constipated once she ended up in the ER. They had to physically "dig it out"! Omg!! I wonder how the decide who gets that literal "****ty job"! That's one you don't want to draw the short straw on! Lol
      Thanks for sharing I loved it! My cousin is working on the guest book.
      Thanks
      Christine

Comment

Ijust HATE being so constipated all the time.I know It's from my meds but I can so relate to you.I drink extra water,take stool softner,nothing so I take some exlax& stay in for a day.This MonSter does terrable thingd to us all.
        Keep us posted God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

We took our son to ER when he was about 3. My husband was convinced it was his appendix. Guess what so was the doctor. He even gave him something for the pain before the CT scan. Yep all that money for a CT scan and he was just full of poop. Needless to say once we found out it wasn't anything serious I went to the car and got the camera to document the occasion for future blackmail with any girls he may bring over.

Comment

Originally posted by lisa1014 View Post
            Needless to say once we found out it wasn't anything serious I went to the car and got the camera to document the occasion for future blackmail with any girls he may bring over.
            LOL!!! That's absolutely brilliant!!
            Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

You are preaching to the choir, Sister!

Same issues here. My urologist told me I had spacticity in my pelvic muscles. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Sometimes I have to go and I push and push (sorry to be graphic) and nothing comes out. I feel like my muscles don't coordinate well enough to keep me regular. You are right, those were the good old days.

Comment

The Same Thing Happened

When my son was five. He has always been meticulous about certain things, and he will not eat or drink after anyone, even family. Anyway, we took him to the doctor and come to find out, he was full of poop! He would not use the bathroom at school, even for number one. So, if he didn't go before school, he would wait until he got home. I don't know how he could hold it for so long!

Lol, I am also a turn on the water person when I go number one, and if hubby is still in bed when I have to go number two, I go downstairs and turn the fan on. Meh, I guess my son gets his persickitiness (that is now a word ) from me!

Hugs and lots of laughter,

Minnie

Comment

For lisa1014

That is so funny!! See it's not just us that has constipation issues!! Lol
                  Christine

Comment

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
                    Same issues here. My urologist told me I had spacticity in my pelvic muscles. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Sometimes I have to go and I push and push (sorry to be graphic) and nothing comes out. I feel like my muscles don't coordinate well enough to keep me regular. You are right, those were the good old days.
                    Yes, I wonder about the spasticity thing... I have to strain to go even when I have the runs (or very loose stools). It's like the muscles somewhere (abs, sphincter, bowels) just don't work. I can be in a seriously cramping situation - the type of cramps that tell you to RUN to the bathroom - and still have to strain so hard. Anyone else have this problem, or know why this happens. I am not dx with MS yet, but am trying to compile a list of signs and symptoms that are likely MS-related to discuss with my neurologist when we review the lesions found on my MRI. Amazingly, my family doc say the MRI report showing 8 or 9 lesions, and he told me it was a good thing they didn't find anything wrong with me on my MRI!!! WHAT???
                    20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

my neurologist directed me to magnesium oxide caps. I take 400mg twice a day and it works well. I buy them in a vitamin store and pay $10 for 200 caps. hope this helps

Comment

I eat prunes

When thinks get 'stopped' up. Seems to work for me and I put a handful of raisins in my cooked cereal every morning.
                        I also know I have been too much of a couch potato when I start having problems and try to be more active.
                        techie
                        Another pirated saying:
                        Half of life is if.
                        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
                        Dogs Rule!

Comment

I'm on a lot of meds that are constipating. As well I don't feel it unless I'm bunged up beyond belief or have pushing power to get it out. So the only time I can poop on my own is when I have diarrhea, which still does happen at least once weekly due to IBS.

So here's the biggest thing I have to share with you ladies. It was a tip I got from an IBS board years ago. For those of us blessed with a vagina, we can help encourage it out via fingers/thumb pushing on the feces from the vagina (given that the tissue separating the vagina from the rectum is so thin).

Not glamorous at all, but it's a real help and it's currently the only way I can hope to have a bowel movement, even when my stools are normal. Evidently many women have to use that method at least occasionally. It cuts down on straining which is much better for you all around (because who really loves hemorrhoids on top of everything else).

Comment

This is a problem that we all suffer from. Isn't it interesating that blackcobra's neurologist told him to use magnesium pills from the vitamin store. This is because it is probably a magnesium deficiency problem, and that, IMO, is a 'epidemic' situation.
                            Does anyone recognize that there is a large 'commercial' push for laxative products on TV and other advertising forms? Blah, blah, blah... Miralax... Benefiber and so on.
                            Its the food that we eat that is deficient of magnesium and other elements. I hope you find a balance. Good luck

Comment

I need help too

I take magnesium and fflaxseed oil daily
                              [I]Tellnhelen
                              Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Working...
                              X