Nuero Opthamologist Appt today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuero Opthamologist Appt today

the good news is that they are tapering me off the prednisone and it did nothing to help the inflammation. Bad news is they still dont know what is wrong with me. They are sending me for a new mri and really bad news is they want to schedule me for a spianal tap. I am really afraid of having it done. They gave me the disc of my last mri's to take to new mri appt. I put them on my computer and looked at them but really dont know what to look for. He said they only showed a couple of small lesions. I was pretty upset when I was driving from the appt.

The spinal tap was not too bad for me. They had a fluoroscope and could see everything through a screen (like a kind of x-ray). It didn't hurt at all.

The biggest issue with Spinal taps and all the bad stories center around not lying down after you have it. You have to lie down for 30 or 60 minutes. Ask them about that. Also, you should not take any NSAIDs at least a day beforehand. Ask them about these things.

Apart from that, it only sounds bad but was not unpleasant.

Comment

Ok thanks for letting me know. Is there anything else they can tell from the mri' besides ms? I am just surprised they are doing another one. This will be my third mri.

Comment

Also, make sure you drink a lot of water the day before. And drink before you lift your head - make sure you have a straw - the facility I had mine did not have a straw so bring one with you just in case.

Comment

Ok I will. They have not scheduled me yet. I also may have to wait til I get recertified for medicaid. I just found out it was canceled on December 1st, my worker said she did not get my information in time to recertify me. I emailed it to her in plenty of time but she said I would have to reapply so I did and now I may have to wait until it is approved. I have been trying to get hired in full time so that I can get insurance but it has not happened yet. I am having alot of trouble workng all day on my feet, my legs get weak and my balance is not too good, but I have no choice, I have to work being a single Mom. My hands were numb all day today too.

Comment

Hi!

I was scared to death of having an LP. Not to minimize any risks by any means because it is an invasive procedure, yet if you follow instructions and take the time to rest afterward, chances are it won't be bad at all.

I have heard of people who have had it done but somehow the order for blood work wasn't given. I asked about that and made sure they drew the blood at the time of the LP. I would hate to think of having to do it again because if the blood isn't drawn the LP is meaningless.

I just had mine done on a Friday, this past Friday in fact, so I could rest all day and over the weekend.

Do as others have said and drink lots of fluids and caffeine, and above all, relax.

Best of luck,

Hugs, Minnie

Comment

thanks Minnie. I will remember to drink fluids and caffeine. I am going to call back neuro opthamologist on Monday. I kind of want to do the mri first and then schedule the spinal tap. I am going on a year and a half with not knowing anything for sure, and it is starting to get me down.

Comment

Acervly

I definitely understand. I have had MRIs of both my brain and c-spine. Two nin-enhancing lesions on the brain, none in the spine. I have also learned, though, that spinal lesions are more difficult to detect.

My vision went bad suddenly this past Summer, so my neurologist told me to see an Ophthalmologist. I have refractive diplopia and convergence insufficiency X ( T). She requested that my neurologist follow up for MS and MG.

My right side is a mess. Neurologist did say he believes I have Trigeminal Neuralgia. Carpal tunnel has been ruled out. I have been tested for Thyroid, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, including B12, and everything was fine except I was on the lower end of normal for B12. So, I have been having B12 shots every two weeks as well as taking vitamins and supplements.

I haven't noticed much of a difference, but at least I'mddoingwwhat I canto be healthy.

Best of luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Hugs,
                Minnie

Comment

I apparently had only two small lesions. The nuerologist I was seeing referred me to nuero opthamologist for problems with my eye. I do not know what they call it but right eye will not move to the left and when it looks to the right there is a delay in it moving back to the center. some type of diplopia, but it started over a year ago and has never improved.

Comment

Working...
                  X