Tremors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tremors

What medication is anyone taking for tremers?

Hi socrmom,

I have found Klonopin to be helpful for Tremors. Klonopin is a Benzodiazepine.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Med for tremors

I am having good luck with baclofen for tremors

Comment

Tremors

I take Inderal LA. Baclofen and Zanaflex help too.

Comment

I take Toprol XL, which is a beta blocker. It helps with the tremors, as well as my high blood pressure and heart palpitations (a 3 in 1 benefit!)
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Is marinol good for tremors?

Hi, over the years for my hand tremors I've been prescribed clonopin, topomax, and propranolol (not at the same time) and also together in various combinations, but no matter what combination, it always resulted in sleepiness, to where I felt it was dangerous for me to drive a car or concentrate. I've also used weights and other devices from a physical therapist with disappointing results. My tremors make it very difficult to eat or write down anything or use my hands for anything.

I have another doctors appt coming up soon, should I ask him if he'll prescribe marinol (a drug which contains THC, one of the components in weed) for my tremors? It's legal with a doctors prescription and I've read it has helped with spacticity and read a broad statement that small studies have been done with varying results but it didn't say the results of this very well. Has it specifically been used to treat tremors, and were they successful?

Comment

Gabapentin worked immediately. No side effects

Comment

Gabapentin , wonder med for me too.

Comment

I've been taking Gabapentin. He increased it from 100mg 3times a day to 300mg 3 times a day. I still have times when I am extra tremulous. But I think that it has helped quite a bit. I think when I start getting tremors, it is when it has worn off a little in between periods, like first thing in the morning. They can also prescribe higher mg's of it. My sister has fibromiagia and she is on 400mg 3 times a day and it didn't help her.

Comment

RE: Tremor Meds

I'm on Gabapentin, Toprol, Mysoline and Baclofen. Still manage to tremor when it's hot, or I'm stressed, but much better with meds than without.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the responses, I haven't checked in on this in a while, but I was curious. I checked online for Gabapentin, and it said it's side effects were dizziness, fatigue, and drowsiness, among others. That's the main reason I quit the other meds I tried, because I didn't like these side effects and they affected me badly. Have you had any of these side effects while on this medication, and if so how bad were they?

Comment

It didn't take me long to get over the side effects. I don't get tired any more from taking it. And I got a slight dizzy feeling. But after a while, everything is normal while taking this. Most are that way anyways. Just takes a bit to get used to taking them. I have noticed now that it's been over a month, that I do still get tremors quite bad on my bad days. Those days are bad either way & nothing seems to help any symptom.

Comment

Working...
                        X