No announcement yet.

SEVERE Pain & Itchiness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My appointment at an MS center is 5 months away! That is the soonest they will take me! The ER wont take me! I am overcome with hopelessness I have driven my family and friends away! 90 percent of my body is numb and painfull!

Comment

I don't understand how an ER will not take you. I am sure the Australian ER system is the same as in America. Surely, they are legally compelled to address your pain if you roll up at their door.

Is there some sort of health ombudsman or body that will take up your cause?

You need someone local that can help you. If it was me, I would not accept that I just had to suffer. Is there another ER you can rock up at? Don't call first, you need that face to face connection if you want them to show you human compassion.

Have you asked your MS clinic to see you as an emergency patient and not make you wait so long? Can you look at getting seen by a different MS clinic, just so you can get some treatment.

Be very polite as you don't want to get the people that can help you offside, but I think you need to find a way of being more demanding.

Comment

Ok so I went to the ER in an ambulance and they ran an IV and gave me Dilaudid asked me a bunch of questions and sent me on my way basicly. They took some blood and said there was no infection or anything they could see wrong. I am going to get more bloodwork done. The pain got so bad! It is still getting worse by the hour and I am afraid I am just screwed... How do I live with this? Does anyone feel my pain???

Comment

I went to the ER my pain got so bad last night (and continues to get worse). They did a few simple blood tests said everything looked normal and sent me on my way. I need help I cannot live like this!

Comment

This is without a doubt a sad chapter in my life I can only hope it is not the final one.

Comment

I hope it's not the final one, you can always come here and talk.

If it is really bad you can always call the suicide hotline. Here is the info.Anyone contemplating suicide, even if only for an instant, should call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
              1-800-273-8255
              Someone is available 24/7. It's free and 100% confidential
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I can feel this getting worse by the hour and I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done.

Comment

My legs feet and butt feel like fresh wasp stings all over. It is impossible to get used to my pain because it continues to get worse. I really don't know how long my mind and body can put up with all this stress. All I think about is pain. I think about it thousands of times a day. I want my spinal cord severed.

Comment

Boognish, if you're prepared to give up some control, you can go back to the ER and ask to be hospitalized on a 3-day suicide watch. Do you have a friend or family member who can come with you as an advocate? Where is your GP? Where is your neurologist?

Hospitalization might buy you some time to get another neurologist to step in for you NOW and get you on some pain medication and get you referred to a pain control clinic. I'm sorry that I haven't been following your posts. But I still get the impression that you have some options available that you haven't been able to take advantage of yet.

If you're willing to give up some control, there is help available. You can go to your GP or current neurologist on on an emergency basis. Or you can go to the ER and ask for a psychiatric consult. If you don't take no for an answer, there is help available. You are not alone.

Comment

I already have a pain control doctor. When I went to the ER they shot me up with Dilaudid twice and I didn't even feel a bit high or anything. They seemed shocked it didn't help my pain. i went to my neurologist today I told him I think I might have a problem other than MS. I asked him to run some tests he said my pain doctor should do that.

There is only one neurologist other than him in my town. I'm not going back to see him though. He won't even have a nurse call the MS clinic in KS and ask them to put me on a wait list because my pain is getting more severe by the day. My pain doctor is stumped completely. After Prialt there is nothing else I can try.

Comment

Charles, you have a neurologist who isn't helping you, and a pain doctor and a local ER who are stumped. How far out of your town are you willing to go, and what are you willing to do, to find someone who takes you seriously?

You mentioned the MS center in Kansas City, so it sounds like you're willing to go there. Kansas City must have a neurologist who can see you before October. The MS center is probably associated with a hospital. You can try going to the ER there. There's a university medical center in Kansas City that has a hospital with an ER you can go to. You said you've been to the Mayo Clinic before. Mayo's hospitals have ERs. Mayo might even be a more appropriate place for you right now than the MS center in KC.

It's apparent that you're not going to get what you need if you stay in your town. What are you willing to do and where are you willing to go?

Comment

You know... I have been following this thread for several days and I have a thought. You say the docs gave you a Dilaudid shot and it did nothing. I wonder if the next drug would/should be an opiate.
                          The reason I say that is that a common problem with this disease is endorphin production, or the lack of it. Opiates, I think, spur endorphin production. The reason I say that is because I take LDN, and Naltrexone is a drug that is an endorphin modulator or antagonist. It helps me sleep and ,I believe, it has many positive effects on my well-being.
                          It seems to me that your body is having a problem with hormone balance. Your itchiness could be a sign of low testosterone.

Comment

I have an appointment next month with the famed Cleveland Clinic. They are doing something wierd with Montel Williams his tongue and an electric device to kill pain. They are bad ***. My Neurologist said he never heard of LDN.. I suspect he was lying.

Comment

If you are on this site and don't know about LDN, you must have missed knuckle's thread. I found out about it from a few articles on the web. Your neurologist doesn't know about LDN but he probably does know about naltrexone.
                              It is a standard drug usually used in the ER to bring a heroin abuser down midst 'high'. The standard dose is 50mgs IV. But to use it for MS treatment it is usually given in capsule form at a dosage of 3mgs to 4.5mgs daily, before bedtime. It must be 'compounded' for the patient in a compounding pharmacy and is a prescription drug. That's the LD (low dose) in LDN. My cousin is a pharmacist and knows the standard dose, but not the compounded low dose form.
                              If you are going to the Cleveland Clinic, I wish you the best of luck. They are certainly 'top shelf'. Ask them about LDN...just for kicks. And I am curious to hear their take on your itching and pain. Good luck

Comment

Skin Yeast/candida Infection

My husband has been suffering from chronic skin fungus problem since 1997. Have tried many medication and lotion but to no avail. Tried some home remedies as well but only temporal solution. She introduced me to a methodshe found in web that have cured thousands permanently. Hesitantly i gave a try, after 1 week with the method applied just naturally, my husband told me he noticed all the itchiness and peels just started to disappear and thank God gradually everyhing dissappeared and till now he has been free from such infection. If you are diagnosed same kind of those symptoms i suggest you to apply this method. I really appreciate for such treatment and since i recommend to many suffers similary, especially related to fungus, yeast on skin.
                                Since the posting doesn't permit, home you can look for my coming post to see the details to where to get such treatment. tnx

Comment

Working...
                                X