TYLENOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYLENOL

I AM ON REBIFF. HOW MUCH TYLENOL SHOULD I TAKE? IS ANOTHER MEDICATION BETTER FOR THE ACHES AND PAINS?

I personally take 600mg of ibuprofen (easier on the liver than Tylenol, too). Really, it comes down to what works for you, but your doctor is a great person to ask. I know some people on here also use naproxen sodium (Aleve).

Comment

Aleve is my over the counter drug of choice. Works well with achiness and headaches, it also lasts longer for up to 12 hours than most other drugs.
      Dx 4/04
      Copaxone 5/04-3/05
      Rebif 4/05-present

Comment

OTC Pain Relief

Aleve (naproxen sodium) is also my drug of choice. It was recommended to me by the Rebif nurse who visits me at my home twice a year. It is supposedly easier on the liver than Tylenol. It is not uncommon to have a change in liver function while on Rebif so the less stress put on that organ the better. If I run out of Aleve I will take Tylenol, but that is not my preferred drug.

Comment

I prefer Aleve as well. I usually use Ibuprofen(Advil) though. My step-mom bought a bumper supply of Ibuprofen for me and I just use that. It seems to work with the Rebif so I keep using that.

Comment

One more vote for Aleve. Tylenol is hard on the liver.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the replies! I think I will switch to Aleve.

Comment

Though i think alleve works well and lasts the longest i find it too hard on my stomach.
                M.
                A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
                Albert Einstein

Comment

I will use tylenol if I absolutely have no other choice. I also use Aleve or Advil (not at the same time! If I use Aleve - then I don't touch Advil for at least 24 hours - be careful not to mix your NSAIDs unless your dr. advises you otherwise) .

They may be easier on the liver, but they can be very hard on your stomach. I always make sure to eat a little something when I take them.

I have to play a balancing game with my pain meds because I also live with a very touchy migraine problem. Too many pain killers can cause rebound headaches/migraines. It makes it challenging to figure out what to do sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                  X