Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain In Between Shoulder Blades

Hi All!

Does anyone get pain in between their shoulder blades? Mine has been around for a week. Just not sure if the MS is to blame. I have it together with the MS hug.

Thanks
    Sneaky P
    Diagnosed July 1st 2009 ~ RRMS

They're not brain lesions...they're bight ideas

often

I have pain there and including my whole upper back/shoulders. Mine happens to be to spasticity, it is constantly tight, massage helps me. I can not take muscle relaxers.

If you have the hug, do you take anything for it, such as muscle relaxers, that might help.

I also have to pay attention to make sure that I occasionally make sure that my shoulders are back with correct posture. I role my shoulders back and then make sure my shoulder blades go together. This helps with some of the pain also.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Kelm10

I normally take Valium for the MS Hug but I am out at the moment, but I am seeing my GP tomorrow. It is a tight painful feeling, do you know if I should I be asking for baclofen?

Thanks

Comment

Sneaky, I would definately ask for baclofen. I use to take valium, but it did nothing for spasms. Baclofen is made for MS spasms.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsSissy70 View Post
          Sneaky, I would definately ask for baclofen. I use to take valium, but it did nothing for spasms. Baclofen is made for MS spasms.
          Thanks pjs

Comment

Baclofen

I'm on week 1 of baclofen and sure hope it works because I cannot even walk for more than 30 minutes a day without turning into a rock. Good luck to you

A strange question.......how do you get the auto quote under your responses such as your diagnosis, date of diagnosis and dmd?
            RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Originally posted by Mynamegoeshere1 View Post
              A strange question.......how do you get the auto quote under your responses such as your diagnosis, date of diagnosis and dmd?
              Click on 'User CP' on the top left, then select 'edit signature' and put all your details in there.

Hope this helps
              Sneaky P

Comment

I too have pain between my shoulder blades but I think it is from sitting at a computer all day.

Comment

I have pain between my shoulder blades as well. Sometimes it hurts so bad I can't breathe. In fact besides fatigue this was always my worst symptom, until this last attack which has left me with a limp. But anyway, I digress, my Neuro says that it is from a healing lession, or shrinking lession in my T8-T9 vertebra. Apparently the scar tissue left behind or whatever it is that is left behind (didn't heal properly, crossed wires) I don't know but it still causes pain that never really goes away, even with the use of my precious Lorotabs. They only dull it on my bad days.

I hope this is not what yours is and that it will soon be resolved.

Comment

I also have the pain between my shoulder blades and every where else on my body. I have been dealing with the hug since January and sometimes I can feel the muscles tighten even more in places, including my back, ever so slowly and sometimes it is a quick tightening.
                    I have been on Baclofen for almost two weeks and it seems it hasn't helped at all. I am going to ask about upping my dosage this coming week. I am just afraid taking more will cause even more drowsiness. I am already dozing off at work from the small dosage I am on.
                    DX 10/26/11

Comment

I've got this . Mine was said to be caused by a problem in my C-spine (compressed nerve). Gabapentin help me with this .
                      dx. June 2010 RRMS ,May 2010 SLE
                      dx.2007 RA
                      my main are meds:Meds:gabapentin,baclofen,norco,copaxone,

Comment

I am glad you posted this...I had pain between the blades last week for a few days/week and didn't want to assume it's from the MS.

I had mild hug in Nov/Dec and 1st sign of lesion on T spine, so wonder if that is related.

I notice my posture has been on a downhill slope ever since dx, so I am trying to keep improving on that.

I've been keeping a journal of any new/weird sx that show up until my next neuro visit in May.
                        Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
                        Ampyra 10mg 2xday
                        Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Yowzer I feel for you. I used to get this, along with the worst squeezing around my rib cage that it took my breath away, literally!! for YEARS !!

I was put on RX Methocarbamol 750mg which was not as drowsy like some of the muscle relaxer, with 600mg ibruprofin.

But..once I was put on RX Diclofenac for my lumbar spinal stenosis, I have not had that squeezing (MS hug). It is taken every 12 hours so you are constanting getting relief.

Also I used to wear a lumbar wrap (sold at drug stores) around my rib cage to hold those spasming muscles as tight as I could stand it and offer me some relief. Again I no longer seem to need it.

Now I am on RX Baclofen as my spasticity goes from my legs up to my neck now.

Make sure you drink lots of water and are not having any kidney problems with that mid back pain.

Hope you find relief..and soon!

Jan
                          I believe in miracles~!
                          2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                          Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I would mention pain between the shoulder blades to your doc, just in case. Anything that could REMOTELY be related to a heart problem, I'd check out. Rule it out. Sometimes it's not MS.
                            "I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future."

Comment

Working...
                            X