CIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CIS

How long did your first MS symptoms last?

Do you mean new symptoms?

Let's see, 1st symptom was vertigo in 2004, lasted about 1 year. Foot drop has been almost 2 years and still going.

Imbalance never really left after the vertigo left...so 7 years on that one.

Weakness in leg about 2 years and still going.
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

1st MS Symptoms

How long did your first MS symptoms last?

My first MS symptoms involved a bout of Optic Neuritis. It lasted about a month (with no treatment) and went away with no permanent vision changes. It came back about 18 months later and with inpatient hospital treatment on IV solumedrol it lasted about a week - again with no permanent vision changes.

Comment

I just finished up a round of steroids and I am starting to feel somewhat like my "old" self again. I still have a bit of lingering numbness in my left foot and some issues with my right eye (ON), but I am hopeful that it is all going to subside soon.

Comment

1st sx: buzzing in my groin started last fall and was on and off for 3 months. Still get it occasionally. I didn't know what it was, thought it was related to my Mirena. Didn't go to dr.

2nd sx: L'Hermitte's lasted from March to August. It was slowly getting worse, peaked for a while, and then slowly faded. All in all prob 6 months. But my legs would go numb when I walked during that time, also I got the infamous hug a couple of times.

Now I feel L'Hermitte's slightly on some days, legs get tingly when I walk sometimes, having UTI issues, and my arm when numb one day for about an hour.

Never took any steroids. Just dealt with it until it mostly cleared up.
          ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
          Dx the first time: 10/25/11
          Avonex 1/12-10/12
          Revaluation of Dx 10/12
          Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

I've had tremors, heat intolerance, bad coordination, joint/muscle pain, and cog fog for about two years.

I've had slurred speech, memory issues, and muscle weakness for a couple months.

I've had numbness and uncontrollable laughing for the past couple weeks. (All symptoms still going on)

Best wishes to you!

Comment

My first attack was 12 years ago with blurred vision, fatigue, numbness and gait issues with the left leg. All of this resolved completely in 6 months. Then I had 8 years of feeling normal.
              3 years ago was flare two which has given me lasting symptoms of head issues, numbness, and left leg gait issues that are worse than before. I was not on DMD's between the first and last attack. Probably should have been though. On Copaxone the last three years and my current MRI showed no disease activity.

Comment

Working...
              X