From Rebif to Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Rebif to Copaxone

I have to switch. The Rebif injections never really bothered me THAT much. Reading about some of the Copaxone experiences has me a bit leary!

Anyone else made the same switch - is it that different?

Any advice?

I went from Rebif to Tysabri to Copaxone.

I actually tolerated Copaxone better than Rebif.

I didn't get any side effects at all, except a few red lumps. No pre- or post- medicating necessary.

Daily was almost easier because I didn't need to remember if this was "shot day".

Copaxone also comes with an auto-injector, which was a life saver to me.

Remember to press, not rub, your injection site.

You'll be fine.

Be well,

Comment

Karen - thanks for the response! It really made me feel a lot more positive and ready for my new med.....

Comment

I went from Betaseron to Copaxone.

Changing meds was great for me because while on Copaxone, I was not continually feeling ill, thank goodness. When I was taking Beta, I began getting all of the standard side effects of fever, nausea, dizziness... it was terrible.

With Copaxone, the lumps that sometimes were especially large, odd looking and itched so much in the first few months did take some time to get used to. But, those side effects were better than what I'd dealt with on Betaseron.

And, now the lumps, etc. are very mild. For me, changing was great. I hope that it works well for you. Give it a long, long time.

Good luck!!!

Comment

I had my first Copaxone injection last night and had to post an update. It was almost a "let down"! The only other DMD I have ever known is Rebif. I have gotten adjusted to it and thought nothing else could be as easy ..... boy, I was mistaken!

Did not feel the needle stick at all. It burned afterwards but not something I couldn't live with. The red spot was gone within a couple of hours and the lump I discovered was gone this morning!

I'm gonna be fine! Thank you for the support Twisterred and KarenR!

Comment

I am so glad to read this, as i will be starting Copaxone soon too! (My first med.)

Comment

I have never had anything but slight site reactions with Copaxone. I don't mind the shots and I am grateful to have the med.....

Glad it is easy for you.

j
              Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I had a lot of burning when I first started Copaxone. I started using a cold pack and it helped tremendously. I also get some of the itching but I started taking my night time dose of allergy meds before the shot and that also helped. I am lucky in that I haven't had but just a few of the lumps. Three years into diagnosis and my recent MRI showed very little change. WooHoo!

Comment

Working...
                X