Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body twitching

hey everyone !!

I am having issues with my arms and legs twitching/jerking wildly when i try to fall asleep.

anyone else have this? or is this not ms related..

thanks

i just want to say thanks to everyone out there, i dont know what i would do without this site!!

Yes I get those also and it is the worse when I try to nap or go to sleep I think it is called Myoclonus I hope I spelled it right

Comment

me too

I get this also. It was one of my first symptoms & the thing that brought me to to neuro (that & buzzing feeling)

Comment

Hi Hartzmom2,

I call them spasms but it is exactly as you describe. I've recently had a setback and lay in bed counting 15 seconds and like clockwork the left leg, sometimes right, sometimes left then right will jerk...lifting the entire leg off the bed and about 6-8 inches in some direction. Without the spasm I could never lift the left leg off the bed. This goes on for hours. I take Hydrocodone, Tramadol and Valium to get some relief...but it is only temporary relief. Thank God this only happens when I have a bad spell, which is not that often. Absolutely it is MS.

Comment

Yes my dear, it is MS!!!
          I get this every darn day. Both when in bed, and sitting up!!!
          It happens mostly in my right leg and my back, but I also get it in my left leg and my right arm.
          The most annoying ones are in my hands... they are starting to get bad enough that I can't hold a book or use a pen to wright

But your doc can help!!! I see my neuro on Friday to start some new treatment for my twitches

Stay well!
          Heather

Comment

I get it but infrequently, just started coming back... Mine seems to happen when I'm dozing off bc it wakes me up

Comment

Heather, are you having tremors or is all of it twitches?? I get intention tremors during flares or if I'm nervous

Comment

Sdickerson, I have both twitches and tremors. Tremors and mostly in my hands and arms. The tremors also make it hard to do anything with my hands, but they are different from my twitches. My twitches like to make me throw things across the room!!!
                I get all of these everyday, and man, they get sooo bad during my flares I can't even get out of bed!!!

Comment

Wow! I only get tremors in my hands and twitches in my legs... Hope it stays that way!!!

Comment

I hope it does too!!!! I'll cross my fingers for ya!!!
                    :P

Comment

Working...
                    X