COPAXONE ON THE WAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COPAXONE ON THE WAY

I AM FEELING VERY WELL AND AM SCARED TO DEATH OF ALL OF THE REACTIONS TO THE COPAXONE. CAN I WAIT UNTIL I FEEL BAD TO BEGIN THE COPAXONE? i KNOW IT'S A STUPID QUESTION BUT I'VE GOT A WEEK MORE TO WORK BEFORE 4 WEEKS OFF?

Start the Copaxone as soon as you can. It is very rare to have any complications/side effects with the Copaxone, one of the reasons most people go with it.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Speaking as someone who used to take Copaxone, I'd say (a) don't be afraid, and (b) be gentle with yourself by waiting until you're off work to start.

The only reaction you need to be concerned about to begin with is the IPIR (Immediate Post Injection Reaction), and although it can be frightening, it's not dangerous. More to the point, most people don't have it at all (although it's not rare, strictly speaking).

Best of luck to you...you'll do fine.

Comment

Thank you for your support. I'm going to make it just like you all and maybe someday be a support to someone else!

Comment

Originally posted by josiemgreen View Post
          I AM FEELING VERY WELL AND AM SCARED TO DEATH OF ALL OF THE REACTIONS TO THE COPAXONE. CAN I WAIT UNTIL I FEEL BAD TO BEGIN THE COPAXONE? i KNOW IT'S A STUPID QUESTION BUT I'VE GOT A WEEK MORE TO WORK BEFORE 4 WEEKS OFF?
          Early treatment has shown to be very helpful.
          http://journals.lww.com/neurologynow..._early.15.aspx

Treating the disease (not just the symptoms) can become a regular part of one's daily routine. It's good to start now so that you can learn how to incorporate injection time into your life.

In the beginning, I injected after work.
          I needed to rest anyway, so that was a good time for me.
          Later, I changed my routine and told myself I couldn't brush my teeth until I injected.
          That helped me too.

It's doable, honest.

Comment

I inject first thing in the morning to get it over and start my day without worrying about it. other than some site reactions no side effects. I think that it is the best choice of the DMD's.
            "Dogs are not our whole life but they make our lives whole."

Comment

Ah bulldog man! Love the dogs! I have 5! a weimeramer, a boxer, 2 minature dauchunds and a boxer/pitt bull mix.
              I too am in North Florida! Thanks for the support.

Comment

Hi Josiemgreen

I wish you the best with the Copaxone. I have been using it for over 13 years. It has worked well for me.

Take Care, Bob

Comment

Been on Copax since Aug 2007... only 2 major flares which required steroids but they were minor by comparison to before Copaxone. It has worked very well for me. Best of luck.
                  RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                  "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

shot management

I started my copaxone as soon as I got it. I initially had a problem with major burning after the shot. Using an ice pack help tremendously and after a couple of months the problem went away.

Comment

Working...
                    X