Hug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hug?

Would someone here please describe what the MS hug feels like?

Is it like a tight band that goes around your body just at the top of the rib cage? I get that feeling a lot and can't figure out what it is.

Thanks, Diane
    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Hi Diane

Hopefully k2cgirl will see your post. If not, here is her post on how the hug affected her.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108551

I'm thinking that the severity would vary from person to person. Her hug is on the severe end, in my opinion.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by DianeD View Post
      Would someone here please describe what the MS hug feels like?

Is it like a tight band that goes around your body just at the top of the rib cage? I get that feeling a lot and can't figure out what it is.

Thanks, Diane
      Mine is around my waist, started in Oct. before I knew I had MS it felt like someone tightend up my belt. today it is still there but less intense.

Hugh

Comment

OK after years of this horrible pain around my rib cage and getting many different diagnoses..finally think its part of
        spasticity. Mine can start on one side.. or mid back..but when it goes all around..its my WORSE symptom. It squeezes soo hard it literally takes my breath away.

I am now on Baclofen AND for my spinal stenosis.. Declofenac and now I hardly get it.. or its just a little stiff/painful.

I have used RX Methocarbamol AND wore a wrap around lumbar wrap (yup) to hold those muscles from spasming. IT helped so I could breathe AND work.

Hope you get answers..and relief!!

best to you

Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

yea i got pain that wraps around my shoulder blades and into my ribcage and food tube area. it hurts sometimes and goes to throbbing aching pain. it started with my acid reflux and then i lost 60 lbs to 215... it sucks but what can u do but manage it.
          Billy
          Dx: 09/2004
          09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Comment

Rib area

I was wondering for those that experience this. Does this painful tightning around the rib cage and back, could it be described or misinterpated as.... the feeling like you have a rib or a spot in your back out of place and pinching, difficult breathing associated with that?
            COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

OW

Originally posted by Greg View Post
              I was wondering for those that experience this. Does this painful tightning around the rib cage and back, could it be described or misinterpated as.... the feeling like you have a rib or a spot in your back out of place and pinching, difficult breathing associated with that?
              Just had a CT Scan to rule out a broken rib.
              Yes it hurt that much,
              about 6 weeks now but did become less painful.
              It is now mainly a tight corsett feeling.
              zzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Mine feels like a giant hose-clamp has been put around my waist and it is squeezing the krap out of me.

Comment

It can be anything from a mild squeeze or pressure to extreme pain, felt anywhere from the waist/upper hip to the chest.

My first sent me to the ER, thinking I was having a heart attack. It actually made it difficult to breathe. I broke into a sweat even. Not fun.

Comment

Mine changes. Sometimes I feel like I am being squeezed around my ribs. Hurts so bad. Some times it's all in the front, my ribs my chest that one doubles me over sometimes my shoulder.

It can vary depending on which muscles are having fits. But as long as you have had your heart etc checked. You will know. And if you take meds and it helps then take them. Klonopin makes a world of difference in how long they last.

But it is different for everyone
                    Dx'd RRMS 7/12/2010, Back in the Prob. Pile 2/1/2011 "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall”...Ray Bradbury

Comment

Yes, I thought I had a bruised or broken rib last week.
                      The less I touched my rib, the better it got.

I had that hug/tingle/numb feeling on & off for a few weeks. Even up into my right area of my neck. ughh..

Comment

Hi all!

I always have the hug...had it for years. It feels like I have and ace bandage wrapped tightly around about where the bra line goes around. When I'm stressed it's tight so I can't easily get a deep breath...not alot of pain involved just can't breathe!
                        Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

That's it for me

Originally posted by snuzzer View Post
                          I always have the hug...had it for years. It feels like I have and ace bandage wrapped tightly around about where the bra line goes around. When I'm stressed it's tight so I can't easily get a deep breath...not alot of pain involved just can't breathe!
                          It just makes me feel miserable. I'm uncomfortable in my bra! Still I need one, so i persevere!

I don't feel pain either; just incredible pressure.

I do have the broken rib feeling when I extend my right arm to the left like when you put your seatbelt on. I can't inject myself if i have to reach across my upper/mid body to do it. I get pain when i do that. Hard to figure this out.

Diane
                          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

If I stretch my arm over my head, I can feel that pulling feeling. But yea, pretty much just dealing with it.

Comment

Re: snuzzer

Wow.. That is how i feel.. Even when my bra is off, it feels like i'm wearing one thats 100 sizes too small around.

Comment

Working...
                              X