THEY'RE BAAACCCKK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THEY'RE BAAACCCKK!!!

About 7 months or so ago I was having trouble with back spasms. They would attack when I became overheated. S needless to say I had to accomplish things in stages. There were several times when they literally take my breath away. I would have my wife massage my back and they would ease. Well, they left as quickly as they appeared. I was able to put all the containers with our christmas decorations in the attic and even managed to get the heavy tree up there. All this with no assistance and no spasms. I never really gave it much thought until this weekend. Then out of nowhere poowww!! I was having trouble standing at the stove. It seemed no matter what I did the spasms were in control. I take lyrica but it was no match for the attacks. I go to the doc in a couple weeks and I will talk to him about this. Has anybody else experienced this? I was more than surprised when I had these problaems this weekend. As I said I never gave the spasms any thought as ithad been sometime since I suffered with them. Anyway enough rambling and thanks for listening.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

YESSS my worst symptom and I've had it for YEARS!!

I could just be breathing..and POW..major spasm or just mid back pain. Sometimes only on one side..or JUST in mid back but sometimes it woudl literally wrap all around rib cage and TAKE MY BREATH AWAY!!

Saw chiropractor, the gentle tx kind, and it helped but not long.

I took a mild muscle relaxer, RX Methocarbamol along with 3 200 mg ibruprofin..it helped. Its NOT a strain..it just comes on.

I would use a lower lumbar WRAP around my rib cage along with above mentioned meds..THAT helped.

BUT it wasn't until NOW and finally getting my MS DX
    and on baclofen for my legs that I finally noticed I am not getting it anymore.

I also am on RX Diclofenac for disc issues affecting pain in legs but either its that med or Baclofen or BOTH but something IS working.

Oh..tried to stretch which helps but does not really stop pain. AND..winter cold made it worse too.

Good luck..hope you get relief. Try that lumbar wrap, and ask to try those meds.

Let us know how you're doing ok?

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

most of my spasms are in my calf and ankle but they were awful. My dr gave me Baclofen which helped some and then added another drug. Now I only get the spasms occasionally.
      Lyrica is not for spasms but Baclofen is not the only drug so there are others to try if one dosent work
      Good luck
      laurie f

Comment

LAUARSARI

I too have something going on in my calves. It is mainly my left calf but there are times when it is extremely sore as though I had been working out. I never feel in cramps or spasms in my calves but the soreness, at times, will remain. Who knows?!?! Just another thing!!
        MJAn I will post and update after my doc visit. I cannot recall what he rx th elast itme I was having problems. I have taken a drug called carbatrol for a time but found it really did no good.
        Oh well I will go on to fight another day!!
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
        X