Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding head up

Hi,

I was diagnosed with RRMS last year. I know that my legs will feel very weak and tired, even when I have them propped up. Forget crossing my legs while sitting in a chair. I have noticed recently that my neck seems to feel really weak and tired at times and it is all I can do to hold my head up. Does anyone else experience this?

Thank you for any input on this subject.

By the way, yesterday was my birthday and I had a wonderful evening alone with my husband!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed weekend!

SMNC
    Dx 10/13/09 after 5-1/2 years of symptoms. Started Copaxone 11/1/2009. Stopped Copaxone 05/2012

Just wanted to wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY..glad you had a nice quiet night with your hubby.

But..yes I do feel like my head is heavy and neck unstable. Not always but more frequently.

Be well my friend,

Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thank you Jan for the birthday wishes!
      Dx 10/13/09 after 5-1/2 years of symptoms. Started Copaxone 11/1/2009. Stopped Copaxone 05/2012

Comment

Belated Happy Birthday

I've had RRMS for 27 years. Can't say my neck has every felt heavy but I do get restless sitting. And crossing my legs is not always easy.

Happy Halloween to you and your husband.

Toot
        toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
        Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

happy belated B day

I have at times put a pillow under my chin to prop my head up at pc.

So yes my head sometimes feels heavy, I have a head tremor tho' so this just adds to it. Often lying down a bit and resting my big old head restores me (but not always).

Ive always felt like I had a big fat round charlie brown head and indeed ms has show me I do

With my charlie brown head and the tremor... well I just look like a bobble head LOL

Comment

Happy belated birthday. it sounds as though you had a very nice one.

My head feels heavy at time. I jerk even, as though I've fallen asleep but I'm wide awake. Crossing my legs, I think maybe if I were 20 lbs lighter it would help. LOL
            What if trials of this life
            Are Your mercies in disguise?
            "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Not being able to hold my head up at the end of my work day was one of my very early sx.

So I know exactly how you feel.

When my head/neck feels that way I either lay down and support my neck with a curled up pillow, or sit in my high backed chair with my head resting on it.

Comment

yes and frightening

My scariest symptom is weakness. At its' worst, I could not hold my eyes open or speak above a very low whisper.
                When I am very tired, I am in the recliner with my head back and legs stretched out. My arms have often had a tendency to want to curl in; somehow the effort to keep them outstretched is too much.

For these reasons, I have often had the thought that any progression I may experience could possibly lead to a reclining wheelchair. But.......even at that, it could always be worse!

God bless,
                granna

Comment

Hi,

I sometimes have a problem with a stiff neck. My head sometimes gets stuck to the right, back, or on my chest. My neuro has increased the amount of baclofen that I take. Happy Belated Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lendi View Post
                    Happy belated birthday. it sounds as though you had a very nice one.

My head feels heavy at time. I jerk even, as though I've fallen asleep but I'm wide awake. Crossing my legs, I think maybe if I were 20 lbs lighter it would help. LOL
                    Oh my gosh Lendi thanks for posting, I do that to Ive seen it on family videos and I was shocked didnt realize I was even doing that! Thanks for letting me know Im not alone!

Comment

I get stiff / sore neck sometimes.......

I got a neck pillow, intended to go around the back, but cna be used in front as well for frontal support. It's compact and travels easily, popular truck-stop item but have seen them in Wall-M. About $10 or less.

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

My head feels very heavy sometimes, like I just can't hold it up anymore. I keep telling my husband I want to remove my head and arms so my back and neck can rest.

I guess that heaviness is really weakness? Or muscle fatigue? I'm not sure... but I don't like it.

Comment

My head feel the same! thought it was jst me,,LOL!! Has anyone experinced this>>when trying to cross my legs it feels like my pelvic bone is breaking!!! it hurts so bad i want to cry whn it happens. anyone with this??

Comment

Working...
                          X