No announcement yet.

Castor Oil packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CocoH, YEA! what castor oil is doing: 1. changing the pH in the gut; improves digestion, absorption and elimination. 2. kill bugs in the gut; they frequently cause a lot of gas. 3. reduce edema; the lymph nodes become full of waste and you swell up. 4. release lymphocytes from the lymph tissue.
    If you don't clear out the lymph tissue it can reinfect the entire system. Analogy: you are confined to one room of you house. You are brought food and liquids but none of your waste is removed from the room. yuk! you'll get crowded out soon.
    If I could use only one trick in my arsenal it would be castor packs.
    NutritionTara
    Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

I'm going try this...

Does it smell?
      What is castor oil? Can I put lavender oil in it?
      What is the best time of day for it?

Will it also help my gallbladder?

Sorry for all the questions. Tara, you suggested castor packs for my yeast problem so I looked them up and found this thread, but still need a step by step...I'm just very slow right now.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and knowledge with us all.

Sandra

Comment

Sandra, if you go to the first page of this thread & read down, TwentyMiles posted a link that's a UTube video on how to use castor oil packs. Watch it, it's helpful. Castor oil is a little smelly(I don't know if you can/should add lavender) & doing this is messy, but I do feel that it helps. Supposedly, castor packs can help just about anything going on in your system, so it may help with gallbladder issues.
        I find that it's best to do the pack in late morning or afternoon.......basically just NOT right after you've eaten.
        Give it a try, & keep us posted. Tara recommends doing 3 packs your first week & then you want to do it at least once a month for maintenance. Oh, and you can get Castor Oil at Whole Foods (if you have one). It's not expensive.

Comment

Thanks Cocoh, I do have a whole foods and will give it a try in the new year. Some smells make me nauseous, so I have to be careful, but I will try just about anything that isn't dangerous these days!

Comment

Originally posted by CocoH View Post
            I did my initial 3 castor oil packs. After those, one thing I was noticing is that I didn't have much gas at all. I was assuming that was possibly a result of being Gfree. However, last week I started being fairly gassy again. So, I did a castor oil pack. Well, since then I've had virtually no gas. So, maybe the castor oil packs are doing something.
            YES, YES...its my million dollar (BENIGN) gimmick I've been doing for 20+ years.
            If I got to pick only one thing, to heal EVERYTHING, it would be castor packs!!!
            NutritionTara

Comment

I tried doing them.But I developed a rash after the first pack. So I didn't do it again. Anyone else have that happen to them?
              limboland

Comment

Yes, it has happened to me. After using the pack I wash the area with a little baking soda. For me, that works. Good luck!

Comment

I'm really excited to try this! I am going to Whole Foods this morning to buy the oil. Question: Where did you folks but your wool flannel?
                  Also, I have invited my husband to do this with me--but he does not have a spleen (removed many years ago). I did some searches on the internet and couldn't find any restrictions for him *not* to do this, so I'm hoping someone (Tara?) knows if this would be okay for him, too. Seems it could benefit anyone, even if they don't have MS, yes?

Also, how far down the abdomen do you place the cloth? I have watched the video...right side and all...do you cover all the way down to the right hip bone?

Ok, thank you!! I'll let you know how it goes
                  Marleigh

Comment

Originally posted by Marleigh123 View Post
                    Also, I have invited my husband to do this with me--but he does not have a spleen (removed many years ago). I did some searches on the internet and couldn't find any restrictions for him *not* to do this...?
                    Maybe it would be a safe idea to ask your husban's doctor.
                    Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Gonna try it

Well, everyone seems enthusiastic about this. I am aware of Edgar Cayce and intuitively I think it will work soooo I gonna give it a try this month....for those who are currently using the castor oil packs, I would like to know what if any changes they have seem in symptoms or general well-being...just keep posting (please)....I,for one am interested
                      [I]Tellnhelen
                      Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Originally posted by Marleigh123 View Post
                        I'm really excited to try this! I am going to Whole Foods this morning to buy the oil. Question: Where did you folks but your wool flannel?

Also, how far down the abdomen do you place the cloth? I have watched the video...right side and all...do you cover all the way down to the right hip bone?

Ok, thank you!! I'll let you know how it goes
                        Marleigh
                        I just use an old (cotton) washcloth. My issues are reflux/GI problems so I place the washcloth right over the stomach- below the sternum. Sometimes I'll shift it a little to be over the liver for some of the time.

Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by tellnhelen View Post
                          Well, everyone seems enthusiastic about this. I am aware of Edgar Cayce and intuitively I think it will work soooo I gonna give it a try this month....for those who are currently using the castor oil packs, I would like to know what if any changes they have seem in symptoms or general well-being...just keep posting (please)....I,for one am interested
                          The main difference for me has been a big reduction in gas & that uncomfortable bloated feeling that comes with it. Also, I would say that there has been an increase in general well-being.
                          Good luck & keep us posted!

Comment

Marleigh123: I have a few patients whom are missing their spleens. The spleen is the body's "wet" organ...ability to remove excess mucus. WO the spleen there is more mucus issues...the castor packs keep this fluid moving. It makes a hugh difference for spleen-less people!
                            NutritionTara

Comment

TARA:

Found it!

Will give it a go this weekend.

To any one else who was trying this last year... did you have positive results? Have you kept up with it?
                              Faith, Hope & Love
                              Gina
                              MS 1988 SPMS 2005

Comment

Tried it today. No side effects, except some real mild gas, once, during the process.

I used the alternate method (just poured a little castor oil from the bottle directly into my hand, before applying it to my abdominal area) I used a warm grain bag over top of the flannel cloth, instead of a hot water bottle or heating pad. I wore an old T-shirt, in case it would stain, but, didn't mess with the plastic.

~ Faith

ALTERNATIVE DIRECTIONS
                                This is an alternative method for applying castor oil to the abdominal area:
                                • <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 14px">Use Castor oil from a bottle or in a roller ball form.
                                  <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 14px">Apply the castor oil directly to your abdominal area.
                                  <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 14px">Cover with and old piece of cloth and cover this with plastic wrap or a plastic bag without lettering, to avoid staining
                                  and to keep in the heat.
                                  <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 14px">Apply a hot water bottle, hot gel pack or heating pad.
                                • Keep warm pack on for 45 to 60 minutes. If using a hot water bottle or hot gel pack, change them to keep the pack
                                  warm.

~ Faith
                                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                                X