How is everyone doing on Ampyra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is everyone doing on Ampyra?

I am finding that the improvements are slow but steady and continue to be cautiously optimistic . Can get in and out of the car easily now and find that I am walking farther ( still with a walker ) but going longer distances without needing a break. Getting in and out of the shower is no longer a problem ( shower is in the tub and I have to lift my leg over the side ) . I can feel the bottoms of my feet and can wiggle my toes. Sounds silly , I know , but for me this is something I haven't been able to do in a ling time.
    It's been six weeks and I am hoping to hear from everyone about there experiences , both good and bad.
    Hope you all have a great day !

Bump

I'm not on Ampyra but am giving this post a bump so you will get a few responses!
    Rae Roy

Comment

What a pill! I have now been on it for 3 months and I have a life back. I can now walk without my cane,walk on grass and do other things I could not do like roll over in bed. I am SPMS and have needed a cane or walker for 3 years but now only need my scooter when going a distance outside. It has also helped with the heat. I can once again can get in the hot tub. I was at the point I did not get out of my chair all day. Now I am going to PT 3 times a week for a 11/2 hour work out. I can't wait for my doctor's appointment in November and see my doctors reaction when I walk in unassisted! I hope others are having the same or better reactions.

Comment

I知 doing Great! on Ampyra.

It has not done anything for my heat sensitivity so this has been a ruff summer and in the spring I had a relapse.
        So I知 finally feeling normal and my new normal is good.

I also changed my diet and that I believed has really helped, on how I feel now and in the future.
        And when I say diet I知 not talking about a quickie weight loss thing, FYI they never work.
        I知 making permanent changes to what I知 eating and drinking, no sodas, cows milk, and hello rice and almond milk, a lot more fruits and veggies, and hello true nut bye bye peanuts. Etc etc etc etc.

September 9th I知 having sinus surgery, so after that I will be breathing normal. And that is something that has not happen in over ten years. Hello more energy!

And then the final dreaded step, exercise!

Ampyra has caused a chain reaction that is putting my life on its proper path.
        Over the past ten years of having MS, I have grown spiritually and mentally and has been good.
        But I have grown about as much as I can, with out my body being in tone also.
        Ampyra is just what was needed for my further growth, so in one word I知 doing Great!
        Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

I agree

I agree with bucky1.... "WOW WHAT A PILL"
          My son Jacob who is 19 has only been Ampyra for a week today has already seen improvement in his mobility. He has also been on Tysabri for 6 months getting ready to have his 7th treatment this Friday. So some of the improvements in his mobility began last month just from his Tysabri treatments. He was completely wheelchair/scooter bound in March 2010 and now he has ditched the scooter for the most part, gone to a crutch/cane, and now with the Ampyra in one week he is walking on his own around the house and just using the crutch/cane when out and about. This drug is amazing and a answer to prayers. Can't wait to see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Wendy

Comment

i get my ampyra on wed.doc said it helps with the heat problem aswell as the other. i sweat so bad its crazy. i work in a 62 deg operating room and still sweat buckets. i hope it helps me out a little. when im hot it seems to set off all of the other problems.
            stuff sure is expensive!

Comment

On my second day today. I will check back and let you know in a few weeks.

I do have to say I have a head ache today which is not normal for me but I did read it was a side effect.

I will hang in there and that side effect should let up.
              LA dx MS feb 2008
              Avonex Feb 2008-May 2009, Betaseron July 2009-Oct 2011 -- Tysabri Nov 2012-2014 -- Tecfidera 2014-2015 (allergic reaction) --Copaxone 2015-2016 (could not tolerate the painful itching) -- Tysabri November 2016 - Trying CBD for pain control

Comment

Working...
              X