• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coenzyme Q 10?

Anyone taking it? Any thoughts?

Justacowgirl
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Yep, I take 100 mg a day. Andrew Weil, M.D. recommends it for people with MS.

Actually, he recommends 30 mg/3x day, but 100 mg 1x/day is simpler.

Also, as people age (I'm 65) their bodies tend to stop producing adequate amounts of Coenzyme Q-10.

Comment

Sort of...

I take Ubiquinol, a more readily usable precurser to CoQ10.

Comment

Thanks...I started 100mg daily and was just curious if anyone else was...

Thanks!

Justacowgirl

Comment

I've discussed this before; there is a better form of Q10. CoQ10- ubiquinone: the oxidized form of Q10, requires another step to enter the cell. Ubiquinol: fully reduced Q10 is ready to enter the cell. This is the form CoQ10 exists inside the tissues.
          Also, CoQ10 is fat-soluble> which requires it to be handled very carefully or it can be worthless. Tablets>>no good, capsules>>maybe, depends on the mfcter, liquid>>maybe?
          Research carefully to spend your money wisely.
          CoQ10 is a spectacular product for what we call "low cell energy". Fatigue, shortness of breath, even mental attention. And of course its a premier anti-oxidant.
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Thanks Tara...I missed it before..I have only been on this forum a few months.

I will use up my co q 10 and then switch to ubiquinol.

Also..I am a little confused about brand names. I am sure you have discussed this before but I pay a premium price at my local health food store (but I love them) and the savings online is huge. But....I am worried about quailty.

Could you reiterate?

Justacowgirl

Comment

Originally posted by justacowgirl View Post
              Thanks Tara...I missed it before..I have only been on this forum a few months.

I will use up my co q 10 and then switch to ubiquinol.

Also..I am a little confused about brand names. I am sure you have discussed this before but I pay a premium price at my local health food store (but I love them) and the savings online is huge. But....I am worried about quailty.

Could you reiterate?

Justacowgirl
              I don't discuss brand names here; sorry. My goal is to explain the differences between "forms" of the supplements. And if you get a quality product you need less.
              Stabilized ubiquinol is a premier product and expensive. Its not 'harmful', but could be a waste of money.
              Oil concentrates are the most fragile and I insist on the best. Bad oils are IMO a very health damaging product; especially to neurology. If CoQ10 is helping then go for the good stuff.
              NutritionTara
              Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
              X