Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I one of you guys? (Concise list of symptoms)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
    need a lumbar puncture also!!! alot of your sx point to other things which are common to many diseases. find a dr and print out your list for them. he/she is the only qualified person to dx you. good luck.
    dave
    Ouch. Sounds unfun, but I'm ready to go with it if that can help figure out what's going on. Maybe if I tell my MD that I'm ready for such test right from the start he'll understand that I'm not kidding when I tell him my days are awful? *hmm*

Thanks for the suggestion HunterD!
    Best,
    Mfriend

Comment

Originally posted by minivanmama View Post
      Welcome. I am glad that you found us. I wish i could give you some answers. All i can give you is my support.
      Which is wonderful. Thanks.

Just know that you are not alone in looking for answers. I am all so looking for answers. I have a limbo thread that i start on tuesday. I hope you stop by and check it out. When you are looking for it look for the tread "calling all limbolanders" and you have found limbo island.
      Aww yes, limboland. I've seen your thread. Great style you got for them As someone visual, I was 'totally' seeing your virtual place in my mind. Good job

I am sorry that you are feeling bad and can't find answers.
      ((((hugs))))
      Thanks minivanmama. I'm sorry for you too - for what you probably go through. Hopefully your high spirit makes your days better not only for others, but also for yourself. **hugs**

Mfriend

Comment

Originally posted by minivanmama View Post
        Welcome. I am glad that you found us. I wish i could give you some answers. All i can give you is my support.

Just know that you are not alone in looking for answers. I am all so looking for answers. I have a limbo thread that i start on tuesday. I hope you stop by and check it out. When you are looking for it look for the tread "calling all limbolanders" and you have found limbo island.

There are many that are looking for answers. Just know that you have our support. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

I am sorry that you are feeling bad and can't find answers.
        ((((hugs))))
        I replied your post few minutes ago but can't see it in the thread for some reason and I wonder if it will ever appear... so just in case it never does for some mysterious reasons: Thank you Minivanmama! **hugs**

the original reply is longer, but if it never makes it, at least the essential will be said. lol

Best, Mfriend

Comment

I guess I shouldn't have used the term "MS Clusters" though I have been told that by my sister-in-law who is Canadian and does have MS. Canada, as a country has a very high rate of MS. You can Google "prevalence of multiple sclerosis" and find some interesting info.

Comment

Don't let them dismiss you

To many times when doctors can't give us an answer they want to dismiss us saying "it is all in your head".

Well in the case of MS, it could well be cause the brain does short circuit. I call it brain cramps LOL

Years ago my legs had been giving me fits (actually they had been since I was a teen) and one day I couldn't even get up off the ground while planting my veggie garden.

Went to an internist who ran what I thought was every test known to man. He ended up telling me if I lost some weight my problem would go away. Oh before he made that statement he asked me how my sex life was. Imagine!!! I could have hit him right there and then.

In the end I went to another doctor, and good thing I did, it turned out I had calcium deposits on my knee that had to be removed. During the operation, they also found "bone tumors". I could have been crippled and even lost my leg had I not listened to my body and given up.

So, don't give up, force them to help you.

Comment

Hey there Marty...how ya doing today?
              Remember if you want to talk more you can look at my profile for my email address. I am homebound now so I have the time and want to support you again.

You have an amazing way of communicating so personally with all of us responders..great style Marty~!

I see that having a mental health diagnosis seems to have hindered your availability to see a proper neurologist who will listen and give a chance.

When you see these doctors, do they perform a neuro exam? And if you have had such an exam, do you pass all aspects of these tests? Have you received copies of all your records to review and carry with you? I was too old to fool around waiting and second guessing so I learned to get my own copies, including CD of MRIs so I am prepared when the next doctor needs that background information. It moves things along more quickly. Of course now most of my docs are in the same health corp and linked by computer so they can view for themselves.

Initially, after other mimics were ruled out, I was told maybe this is MS, to not sure, to NO its not MS. Switch over to new docs..THEY ques whether I have MS and I remind them that its been ruled out..well..till this year. This neuro was certain it was at least probable MS...then new MRI (only 6 weeks after last brain MRI) showed new lesions and a horrible exacerbation. Now this is 6 years later from the first MS neuro. I get a 2nd opinion and its confirmed.

So don't give up, keep coming back and know that when you post..it sometimes takes awhile before its posted. It depends on how busy the moderator is at that time. So don't give up. Also you can visit the "chat" room too for help and support. We're here for you ok??

Hugs, Jan
              I believe in miracles~!
              2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
              Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Marty,

Get your MRI and let us know how it goes. If your doc won't do it, you can find cheap private MRIs for $1500 or cheaper.

I can tell you that anyone coming into a doc with a list like that is going to appear like a hypochondriac. So go to a new doc if necessary with the choicest few and just sort of mention them.

Give them the classics: Bladder trouble, L'hermittes Sign, numbness on one side of your body... those things say MS. Give your doc nice, concrete signs. Not tiredness, confusion, tingling in your hands.

I'll tell you a secret about docs - they're afraid to look stupid sending a patient to an expert who doesn't need one. Your list make you look a little nutty - I know you're not, but it's too much. Keep it to show your doc once you get diagnosed.

Good Luck.

Comment

have to agree with Big A

when a doctor can't figure something out many times they will dismiss you if you started out sounding like a hypochondriac, or if you sound like someone who has been researching a certain disorder.

Figure out which ones you find the hardest to deal with in your everyday life, present them first. Once you have been doctoring a while and after they have done testing like an MRI, then you may want to add a few of the others if they too are interfering with the quality of your life.

Comment

I also looked for your post and did not see it. I hope to see you on the island soon. ((((hugs))))

Thank you for all your kind words.

Comment

Some of the symptoms not all of them sound like diabetes? Have you been checked? I have Type I as well as MS. They say that if you have one autoimmune disorder that it's not uncommon to have another. You said you were getting up to urinate 3 times a night? I'm not a doctor but that sounds like your body trying to get rid of excess glucose.

Comment

Working...
                      X