??? about Novantrone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??? about Novantrone

Hello everyone!! I haven't been on here in awhile!!! Anyways, I am on Novantrone (been on it for a year now) Been on Rebif, Copaxone, & Betaseron. Still had lesions showing up with the other medications. My question is this: Has anyone been in this same situation, and what happens next? I kind of want to stop the Novantrone because of all the side effects that can happen even after you're off of it. Just don't know if they will put me back on the shots (that didn't work for me) or try something else. I'm scared to take Tsybri still. Just wondering if anyone else was in this same situation. Thanks for listening.

-Angie-
    undefined

Angela Carlson

novantrone

Hi,
    I was on Novantrone in 2003 -2004. Had 7 treatments then had to stop due to it caused a slight reduction in the left ventricle ejection faction. I had a follow up test on my heart and there has not been in worsening since I stopped taking the Novantrone.
    I was on Copaxone in 2002 , 2005 my Neuro had me on once monthly IV steroid , Betaseron in 2009 for a couple months ( the Betaseron made the spasticity in my legs worse , the Baclofen for the spasticity made the fatigue worse.. so I stopped the Betaseron )
    When I was on Novantrone, I felt great and did not have any relapses, more energy, my walking was better. And the improvement lasted for about 6 months after stopping Novantrone.
    Of course everyone reacts differently to any and all medication. The choice is yours . I would love to be able to finish the Novantrone treatments. The Oncologist I saw while on Novantrone told me that Novantrone was considered the aspirin of Chemotherapy drugs .

hope this helps

Comment

I was on Novantrone for 3 years when it was going through clinical trials. It destroyed my heart. I was given 12 full doses and before the 13 I had a muga scan and had an LVF of 61 (normal) then was given the 13. After that I felt really bad and was sent to a cardiologist. He put me in the hospital and did a heart cath. My left ventrical had a LVF of 21. I was rushed by ambulance to a bigger hospital.

That night I had a emergency quadruple bypass. MS is nothing when you compare it to heart problems. I was only 46 and now I am old. Please take this serious, it's your life on the line. They say heart testing before every 3 dose. It helps but does not predict who will get hurt the NEXT dose. A lot more people are hurt by novantrone than Tysabri. Many of us will die from Novantrone, just not as quick. JMO

Comment

Working...
      X