Treating Cog Fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treating Cog Fog

Is there any kind of treatment for Cog Fog. My PCP has put me on Adderall (30 mg) as a stimulant. I am not sure if I have cog fog or not but I would like input people have had as any treatment options for it.

The Adderall is sure a lot better than the Provigil that my neurologist prescribed me because Provigil gave me a racing heart and then the awful crash afterwards was worse than the fatigue. But I am curious to find out what kind, if any, treatment people got for Cog Fog.

The Adderall may help with fatigue, but I don't know about it helping cog fog. Apparently, it's not doing anything to help you now.

I don't know of any "medicine" that helps with cog fog. I do the best I can with lists and lots of neon post-it notes on the fridge. I'd forget everything without those!

As for other areas of cog fog, I pretty much have to deal with it or accept it.
    Sue
    Previous Meds: Avonex, Copaxone
    Beta Babe: January 2007

Comment

I've taken Adderall 10mg 3 x daily for concentration issues, memory, fatigue, and cognitive fog. I thought it helped, especially w/ memory and concentration. But my doc switched me to Nuvigil after my MS diagnosis because he was worried about the possible neurotoxicity/ excitotoxicity of the Adderall on NMDA receptors.

There are some preliminary studies that it helps MS patients with cog dysfunction, but I think my doc thought it may have contributed to my last relapse.

Also I developed tolerance, and crashes when not taking it which were annoying, but in alot of ways i think it worked better for me than the Nuvigil is now which helps mainly w/ sleepiness and fatigue...

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X