fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fatigue

How long does fatigue usually last? I've been having major fatigue for the past 3 months to the point where I get up, but then have to go back to sleep or rest almost all of the time.

I have worked at home for the past 3 years, but did an onsite project from April of 2011 to Dec 2011...my life has had stress, but the physical aspect has been pretty low key for the past 3 years. I had this type of fatigue after my first attack...it lasted forever. I really worked hard and was on the road for about 3 hours per day plus a LOT of stress during that onsite project...it seems as though my body just collapsed after that and I can't seem to pull out of it. I can sleep all day. Although I do things and can't wait to get home to cuddle in my comforter and rest...

Anyone had this happen? I have been taking the Alpha Lipoic Acid+Aceytl Carnitine for the past couple of days...seems to help a tiny bit (200+500).

I would love any feedback.

Kenmore, my fatigue is every day.

Without the ALC (2000 mg) & ALA (400 mg) I would not be able to function. You may need to increase your dose if you don't have relief.

Also, the supplements can take up to 30 days to work so give them time!
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

I have fatigue always, some days are worse than others...I have used Provigil for years, but I really don't feel much difference whether I take it or not...

For the past several months, my fatigue has been getting progressively worse, but I still have some better days....I have accepted that this is my new normal and rejoice when I have a better day!
      Angela Dx RRMS 7/2001; Copaxone 9/2001

Comment

I have fatigue all of the time, all day, every day. I think i read someone reply to you about the amount of time it takes for these supplements to have an effect. As with all supplements, you need to be patient and take the supplement for a month.
        Also, the dosages of these supplements have to be tailored to your unique physiology. Did you ever have a doctor prescribe a drug, then change its dose after he observed your condition the next visit Same thing here ?
        You need to determine what dosage will give you the best outcomes. But be careful and don't overdo it. look for safe upper limits. Remember that the USRDA uses minimums.
        You may get some benefit from vitamin B-12 sublingual tabs. B-12 doesn't metabolize as well when ingested directly. I took IM shots for about a year, then my doctor told me to start sublingual tabs.
        Don't forget that the B vitamins have a good bit to do with strength and fatigue levels. And a standard B-complex is probably not strong enough for those whose systems have been compromised by the MonSter.

Comment

Working...
        X