Cost of Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Copaxone

I recently asked the specialty pharmacy my insurance carrier uses (and therefore, I must use) the retail cost of one month's supply of copaxone. I was quoted $6000. WOW!! It was about $1000 less earlier this year. Anyone else know the retail cost. (Not to be a broken record - my co-pay is 50% so I couldn't/can't afford it...)

WHAT!!!

6000... The last statment I have was in June and it was 4200.. It time for another EOB.. I'll have to look and see what it cost now.. Have you tried to get assistance for the half you have to pay
    limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

My Copaxone 'replacement cost' (what I'd have to pay if I didn't let them require a signature and the shipment got lost) is $4200 for a month's supply. They remind me every single month...
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Mine was $4025 last month,$4,223 this month. I do not know why the change but I am just starting a new insurer and going thru walgreen's now.

Comment

What??? The price difference is shocking! Mine is $2149. The price differs between drug stores but only by $30 or so.
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Kaiser pharmacy price

$3821.72 but they will not ship, so I drive to the closest Kaiser pharmacy.
            $25 co-pay

Comment

I just switched insurances so my copay was $60. Make sure you contact Shared Solutions if your copay is more than $35! They work something out with your insurance and then you only have to pay $35. BUT you have to contact them before you pick up your medicine. So I recommend calling Shared Solutions before calling in a refill.

I checked what my insurance paid and it was roughly $4200. I thought it was funny (made me roll my eyes) when someone (from my insurance or Shared Solutions) asked if I get it filled for 30 or 90 days. I don't think my insurance would be willing to pay almost $13,000 for my prescription! I appreciate what they do pay so won't push it!
              Lori
              Betaseron 2004-2009, Tysabri 2010-2011, Copaxone 2012-2013, Tecfidera 2013...

Comment

I get my Copaxone thru the VA, $9/month co-pay, but I have one word for these prices;

INSANE!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Originally posted by its2much View Post
                  I recently asked the specialty pharmacy my insurance carrier uses (and therefore, I must use) the retail cost of one month's supply of copaxone. I was quoted $6000. WOW!! It was about $1000 less earlier this year. Anyone else know the retail cost. (Not to be a broken record - my co-pay is 50% so I couldn't/can't afford it...)
                  Yes, the 50% means that if you really want it, you can buy it, but that drug companies can't subsidize you to get it because they don't make money. They could pay the 50% but then they would not make any money because the maximum they could get back is the same amount.

Copaxone doesn't give free meds, but you can check with them and they will hook you up with RxAssist. Alternatively, many of the other companies have more generous programs for those without coverage (you qualify) and can give you free meds if you ask.

Comment

I am VERY lucky to have GREAT insurance.... my current copay is $40 for a 3 month supply.... but will increase to $70 in January. My most recent delivery of C was $13,200... seems on pace with what others are paying. I just don't know how they justify such a price increase. When I started on C in February of 2008 the 2 month cost of C was about 6K.

Comment

I reordered today and noticed a price increase because my pharmacy always reminds me the price to replace it when I waive the signature requirement.

today it was $4,451.98 through Cigna Specialty Pharmacy. It used to be in the $4200 range.
                      Symptoms Oct 2009, Dx Feb 2010. betaseron 2/10-2/12. Copaxone 3/12- present.

Comment

One thing about shared solutions,if you have a state-backed health insurance they will not deal with you about assistance on the co-pay. I had it until my cobra ran out and they then said sorry we can not help you anymore when I gave them my new health insurance info.

Comment

I suspect the law prohibits them. Think about it. They pay your copay, but it's a great investment. In fact, if they could pay your insurance, they'd still make money. Let's say your insurance is $1000 per month and they collect $3000-$4000 - it's a good investment. Of course the insurance company loses. That's why if the state is paying, I suspec they outlaw that.

Comment

Working...
                          X