Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of or have a Hurry Cane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard of or have a Hurry Cane?

I went to my MS support group this week and someone had literature about a cane called "Hurry Cane" - it sounds neat! It has a pivot at the base (designed like our ankle mechanism) plus 3 points of contact at the bottom for more balance and stability and it can stand alone when not in use!! I don't know about you, but my cane is always falling on the ground which is so frustrating! It can also fold up and didn't seem all the expensive!

Before I read reviews I thought I'd ask around and see if anyone has used one and what you think about it. Thanks!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

I have seen it on the internet, and almost bought one. I have been using the tripod tip from the Fashionable Canes website (and others). Then I got the Hugo Quad Pod cane tip (internet search will find it fast). I use both of those, and they let the cane stand independently, and it gives more stability than a single tip cane, without having to "give in" and buy the big honkin' quad cane!

I still think I may try a Hurry cane some time as well.
    Donna K: dx RRMS 12/07. Rebif 2/08 - 3/09, Tysabri 3/09 - 7/12, ended due to JCV+. Betasaron 8/12 - present
    Filed for SSDI 8/12. Approved 11/12
    dx PPMS 7/13. Added Metotrexate 2.5 mgx3 to Beteseron. Stopped all meds 3/14 to quality for ibudilast clinical trial for PPMS

Comment

Well, I haven't bought one yet. Don't know why -they're not even that expensive! If you get one first, let me know how it goes!! I have 3 canes already but am always searching for a better one.

Comment

I have one and love it. It is compact and works well. The ad on the Internet and tv is exactly how it works so far. Only had it for a few weeks. I usually don't fold it up.

Comment

I have had one for a few weeks. I love it, especially on steps, really feels sturdy. A little bit heavier than my aluminium canes. They give a discount on their web site, so costs about the same as any other canes.
          Crazy Annie

"Everything always works out OK in the end. If things aren't working out, then it's just not the end."

Comment

Originally posted by dck696 View Post
            I have seen it on the internet, and almost bought one. I have been using the tripod tip from the Fashionable Canes website (and others). Then I got the Hugo Quad Pod cane tip (internet search will find it fast). I use both of those, and they let the cane stand independently, and it gives more stability than a single tip cane, without having to "give in" and buy the big honkin' quad cane!

I still think I may try a Hurry cane some time as well.
            I just got just got off of amazon ordering this pod tip thing for my collapsible cane right before i read this!lol...I cant wait til it gets here, looks great!...and like you said it looks very low profile (you know because i do have to keep up my fabulous sence of style!lol, and was trying to beat the cost of the hurry cane but we'll see!

Comment

Hey Grace - just read your post. Did your order the Hugo quad pod tip? I searched on Amazon to see it. If you did, let me know how you like it! It's spmewhat cheaper than the Hurry Cane, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                Hey Grace - just read your post. Did your order the Hugo quad pod tip? I searched on Amazon to see it. If you did, let me know how you like it! It's spmewhat cheaper than the Hurry Cane, isn't it?
                yes that's the one! it should get here 2morrow with 2day shipping!...but ill definitely let you know how it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Got it today!....its just fine for me! gives me that lil extra bit of stability and it stands up! love that!

Comment

Great to hear, Grace - I'm so tired of my cane falling. At least the cane falls and not me I'm gonna get one and thanks!

Comment

i remember seeing them on a web site and thinking they look great i couldn't help thinking that the larger base would help with stablitly a little as well as the fact the cane is self standing. i never looked any further as i am past canes now and use a wheelchair but if i had found them earlier i would have given it a try

Comment

Working...
                      X